11/29/2008

Procrastination

I have always been a procrastinator & am at it again. I am teaching the lesson in R.S. tomorrow and still don't exactly have the lesson ready. Yea, I have read through it a couple of times, but for some reason I am having a really hard time sitting down & mapping out how I want the lesson to go.

The fact that my parents are here visiting is probably part of it, because I don't want to put my Mom to shame if I give a mediocre lesson! The other part is that my adult ADD seems to kick in whenever I have something important to do. (I am a self diagnosed ADD case) I wander around the house doing everything else possible instead of what I SHOULD be doing. Just like now; I am blogging when I should be planning!

Do any of you procrastinate? Why do you think you do it, and what can we do to stop this horrible habit?

5 comments:

netcampbell said...

Leslie, I think your lesson went VERY WELL and I really mean it! I can feel the spirit when you share your testimony. Your mom also inspired me about the gratitude journal. Thanks Leslie for all your thoughts that you put in your lesson.

Shantell said...

I am also a procrastinator. Why not too long ago I had 12 FHE lessons due and I didn't even get them done until just a few min. before I had to leave. I had like 5 or 6 months to do them too. I'm like you...doing everything except what I should be doing. But I'm sure your lesson was wonderful :)

zimfam said...

I don't have any ideas about the procrastination - I just want to wish you LUCK!! I hate teaching adults in Church - GOOD LUCK!!!

sarwag said...

Hey Les you know I'm a procrastinator, but I must say it was much more fun when I had you to support my procrastination ... all-nighters writing great english papers...LOL Don't know what to tell you to do, I'll think abut it tomorrow, haha

The Allens said...

Maybe you're one of those people who work better under pressure. I can see you being a great teacher without much preparation at all, you have such a fun personality. Hope it went well!