11/18/2008

Countdown Chains

Trying to help Trinity understand the concept of time is harder than I thought it would be. I can help her make sense of hours or minutes by showing her where the hands on the clock will be when it is time for a certain event. However, when it comes to days, weeks, & months it is still pretty difficult. That is when we started doing countdown chains. The first time we planned a trip to go visit UT we made a countdown chain. She loved being able to cut of a link each night & see it get shorter until the day arrived that we were leaving.

A few days ago Trinity asked me if she could use my sewing machine to make something like I make. I tried to explain to her that it was a fun machine, but could also be dangerous to kids. I said something like, "When you get bigger I will teach you to use it." She looked at me and said, "Mom, when will I be BIG!? Can we make a countdown chain for WHEN I will be big?" So cute and if you ask me she is getting big way too fast!!

Here are some fun pics of her "Growing Up"

6 comments:

The Oman Family said...

Cute pictures! I love the huggable onesie.

Brittney said...

She is the most beautiful child Les!! Wow. This was such a fun post!!

Katie said...

Sweet boots Les!!!! She is so cute... and sounds like she's so much fun! I love the age she's at... they are so funny at that age!

Jessica said...

What a funny conversation, Trinity is such a cutie. It's so fun to see baby pictures of her, she was and is a doll.

Danica said...

She is gorgeous... I just love her, every time I see her she gets cuter and cuter!

Shantell said...

LOL! I love those pictures you can totally she her personality in them. I agree she is GORGEOUS! She takes after her mother :)