11/20/2008

House to Home

When ever we move into a new place I never feel settled until everything is unpacked, put away, or hung on the walls. We have been here now for almost 4 months & are STILL working on getting to that point!

I finally got some pics printed up & put in frames for our front room, but didn't want to make a thousand holes in the wall trying to get them lined up right. I decided to try something I remembered seeing on TV once. I traced the picture frames onto newspaper & then cut those out and tested where they would look best to hang up. After I thought I had them in the perfect spot I left them until I could get Matt's help to hang the actual pictures.

We didn't end up getting to it as soon as I had hoped, so instead of nice new family pictures we had random newspaper clippings hanging on the wall in our front room. I think both of us just got used to them being there & didn't even think about it anymore. Well, Matt decided to remind me that they were there AFTER we had just fed the 4 missionaries in our ward dinner. I felt so dumb because Matt said that they were all looking at the wall kind of funny. (Probably wondering why we had hung newspaper on the wall) I asked him if he explained what it was for and he said, "No, I thought it would be funny to just let them wonder."

A few other people came over while they were up, so I finally convinced Matt to help me hang up the pictures and now the newspaper is finally gone! Slowly but surely our new place doesn't just feel like a house, but more of a home.

(I'll post pics of the final product later)

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I love this new blogging every day thing you're doing. it's soooo fun! I can't wait to see pictures of what you hung. That's a great idea using newspaper BTW. And don't feel bad. We've lived here for 8 months now and there isn't a picture on a single wall. I'm determined to get my living room done. But so far I am at a loss as to what to do!

Shantell said...

Me too! I love that you post everyday. It makes me want to post too. I'm so glad that you feed the missionaries. It's great members like you that feed my little brother in Iowa.

Natelli Johnston said...

what a cute blog! your kids are all beautiful. I just found all your family's blogs so I now we can check in on you guys!