1/28/2010

Sunflower Market

I used to really enjoy making my Wednesday "double add day" trip out to Sunflower Market. They always have great sales on their fresh fruits and veggies & I always feel so good about myself when I leave having only bought things from the big squares on the food pyramid! (Okay I'll admit it, I occasionally buy tortilla chips & carmel corn)
Now, you may be asking yourself, "why did she say used to enjoy?" Aha! I'll tell you. The trips have always been made with the whole crew. I don't expect to be able to get away on a Wednesday afternoon alone, so the troops always come along. The carts are on the small side, so there was never any room for either of the girls to ride inside. They typically did well & stayed semi-close during our trips, UNTIL...dun, dun DUN! They spied the mini shopping carts!

I can't deny it, the idea of them each pushing their own little carts was just too cute to pass up. I mean look at their faces! Can a trip to the "fruit store", as Brinley calls it, be anymore exciting? YES-yes it can. No, not for them, but for me and my poor bruised, battered, run-into at every possible moment by the cute little mini carts and the under aged drivers ankles----breath----yes.

I thought that I could be the strong parent & simply refuse that we use the carts ever again, but it became so much easier & less of a fight to allow them to have their own carts. The continuous flat tires that I got didn't get any more pleasant & I am sad to say that we haven't been back to the Sunflower Market in a few months. However, I am planning to return someday & will be prepared. I'm hoping that the snow boots I got for Christmas will double as good flat tire protectors. I have to at least chance it-I'd be a horrible Mom if I didn't right? Just look at those faces?



Bring on the under aged mini cart drivers, my ankles will be ready!

10 comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

ok, those pics are cute, but I just loose it when my kids run into me with the carts so good luck with that!

Katie said...

SUNFLOWER marker freakin rocks... they are SO CHEAP... I love getting all my produce there!!

Rachel Seren said...

What a cute place!

The Spigarelli Family said...

Cute pics!! Those carts are cute, but they can be annoying too. Hey I just saw that you are expecting number 4 yeah for you guys and congrats.

The Allens said...

Oh, the mini carts. Luckily Katie never found out about those until it was almost time for us to move. I do miss Sunflower Market though. I would even take the mini carts.

The Wanbergs said...

Just do what I did. Switch to Sprouts Market.:)

Jessica said...

Boots are a good idea.

Gormley Girls said...

I remember when I like that those were the most fun carts. They were the perfect size for a little kid to use and run into things. Ahh what great memories.:)

Lindsay said...

Lol. Very similar to stepping on legos. Painful but worth it.

Kara said...

I want to start shopping there is it a awesome store?