One movie that we don't have is Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I borrowed it from the library last week and the kids watched it for the first time today. They weren't too interested at first & it became more background noise than anything. Then, when they went on their first adventure on the flying bed I saw the girls curiosity spark a little. By the time they had entered the deep blue sea of "Cartoon World" they were hooked. (no pun intended-hehe)
Once the characters left all the cartoons behind the girls lost a little interest again. However, as soon as Mrs. Price figured out how to use her magic to bring things to life they were mesmerized once again. They also thought it was so hilarious every time that someone would turn into a "fuzzy white rabbit".
Near the end of the movie Mrs. Price is flying along on her broomstick leading her magical army & Brinley asked me, "How did she learn how to fly?""I don't know." I replied
She thought for a moment longer & then said, "Maybe Harry Potter showed her how!"
I chuckled a little & acknowledged that she could be right.
It's funny to think that I grew up on Disney Magic & that my kids are growing up in the era of Harry Potter magic. I'm sure the girls will ask to watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks a few hundred more times before we have to return it to the library. However, I hope one day to add it to our own Library of movies.


5 comments:
classic
I love that movie! It was a favorite of mine also.
I love that movie... we don't have it yet either, but we borrowed it from my dad's collection. He is our Disney rental place!
This one and Pete's Dragon were two of my very favorites!!! We have both and watched Pete's Dragon this weekend. Maybe Bedknobs and Broomsticks will be this weekend :o)
Oh yeah! I love that movie too. Maybe I'll need to come over and watch it with them before you return it :)
Post a Comment