1/07/2010

3 Time's a Charm

I have made 3 trips to the airport in the past three days. I don't even want to think about the airport right now! The first trip wasn't so bad, the second time was HORRIBLE, and the third time should have been "a charm" right? WRONG

I figured driving through the valet pick up would be the easiest route (since I was going at it alone with all 3 kiddos). Somehow I arrived at the airport 45 minutes early, so we sat in the free "45 minute waiting area" with the van running until the kids lost patience with that idea. 10 minutes until the flight arrival time, so I thought I'd start heading toward the pick up area. There is no "waiting" allowed in there, so if you don't see the person you are planning to pick up you have to go all the way out, loop back around, and enter the terminal again. It isn't a huge inconvenience, but starts to feel like it when you have made 6 laps and are still waiting for the sight of your person!!! Grayden was crying, Brinley had made a list of top 10 questions to annoy me with, and Trinity wanted to know if I knew where I was going...I knew exactly where I was going=CRAZY

I really didn't want to have to park and go in. I was in my stylish snow boots, pants tucked in, no make-up, sporting a hat to cover my greasy locks. The kids weren't in any better shape either-I had almost completely given up and was going to drag our ragga-muffin crew into the airport when a light ascended from above to shine on Matt standing there at the curbside just waiting to be picked up. I swear I heard a chorus of angels singing hallelujah.

SO please, if you need someone to pick you up at the airport-DON'T ask me. (at least not for a few days)

3 comments:

Katie said...

hehehe sometimes I wonder how my mom had 5 kids and how on earth we went on so many vacations together in that stupid van. I now know why she was always so ornery though!!! HAHAHA

jaredelizabeth said...

uggggg. I totally know what you are talking about.

Debbie said...

They are SO anal at DIA about waiting. I went to pick up a friend. I got out of my car and opened the trunk and one of the security guys started yelling at me because he thought I was just waiting. Luckily my friend strolled up right as he lecturing me. I hope he felt dumb. But seriously! it is crazy! If someone asks me to pick them up, I usually plan on getting to the airport about 20 minutes after their flight gets in, that works pretty well.