10/13/2007

First Cake

So I have been taking this Wilton Cake decorating class & this is my first cake. We didn't get to choose what we wanted to do other than picking out colors. If we had a choice I REALLY wouldn't have done a rainbow cake! I was hoping it would turn out a little better, but my hand was getting SO tired towards the half way point-what a wimp! I get to make another cake tomorrow & it will be equally cheesy in design. Two frosting made clowns will be sitting on the top & the plastic heads could creep any child right out! Oh well, all in the name of practice I guess. I am looking forward to taking the next class levels that are offered so that I will be able to make some more impressive cakes in the future. For now I will have to stick to the more simple designs. Who knows maybe I will use my new found skills on Brinley's birthday cake at the end of the month. One of my favorite things about taking this class is that I have an excuse to leave the house ALONE for 3 whole hours!! I will tell all of you mothers out there that this is probably the best thing you can do for your family. It is really easy to get so caught up in taking care of everyone else, and it is really important that you take the time to do things for yourself. (Even small things) I know that for me it is a way to stay sane & when I am sane my family is much happier. hehe, so thanks again Matt for a great birthday present!





4 comments:

Danica said...

That looks so fun!! You are just full of talent!

Kimberly said...

I think your cake turned out great!! I think it would be fun to start doing that!!

Katie said...

That's how my mom got into cake decorating, was through classes. She's done SO MANY cakes throughout the years.. it's really fun to have a different cake for each birthday. She's never done the same cake twice! Your hand will get used to the pain!!! hehe You did a GREAT job for it being your first one!

Shantell said...

I am so jealous! I have been wanting to take a cake decorating class for over a year now. Matt is one smart cookie...this is the perfect b-day present :)