
As I stood watching tiny bubbles form on the tops of my freshly poured pancakes my mind drifted back to when I was a kid watching my Dad make pancakes on a Saturday morning. I remember him saving the tiny little drips of batter that would fall on to the griddle between pours & then scoop them gently onto the plate with the other finished pancakes. I would smile as he offered the tiny pancakes to us to eat with the regular sized ones. I don't remember many details, but I do remember watching Kellie my younger sister pouring syrup on the tiny specs and eating each and every last one.
Although my Dad made his pancakes and syrup from scratch and mine were Bisquick and Log Cabin I still decided to keep the drippings I made that day and give them to my girls too. Funny how something so small can bring back such a warm memory. I miss my family often, but find myself feeling close to them through memories like this that are brought back as I go about my day. This day it was a Hot Stack of Memories.


5 comments:
Hey blogger... look at you and your cute posts!!!! You made me all teary eyed! HAHA You are such a great mom... I love reading posts like this one!
My Dad did the same thing. Fun memories!
That is sooo cute. What a sweet post.
Oh Les that was so sweet. What a great memory. It's funny how smells and small things like tiny pancakes can bring back memories from our childhood. Just think your girls will have great memories of you serving them tiny pancakes too :)
That takes me back, as well. We used to use the tiny specs as pancakes for our Barbie dolls.
Post a Comment