SpongeBob Square Pants!!

When I asked Trinity what kind of Birthday Party she wanted to have she replied, "A PRINCESS ONE!". I figured that there will be plenty more years ahead for princess parties, so I suggested we go to the "party" store & see what other themes there were to choose from. (I had to try and give the preschool boys a break! They have at least 3 girls B-Day Parties to attend from Dec-Feb!!)
When we got to the store I think Trin was a little overwhelmed at her choices. So many wonderful TV friends that she had come to love after spending so much precious time in front of the TV! (Thanks to my WONDERFUL parenting skills) Dora, Diego, The Backyardagins, Micky Mouse Clubhouse, Blues Clues, Spongebob, Scooby Doo, & Sesame Street....the list went on! How could she possibly choose! Well, she finally narrowed it down to either Mickey Mouse Club House or SpongeBob Square Pants. I personally was cheering for MMCH, but she decided to go with good'ol SpongeBob. We proceeded to pick out a few party favors & my quest for more home-made fun began.
Home-Made Project #1 The SpongeBob Cake: I found these instructions for a cake & was excited to try it! I had to frost his body & all the parts the night before so that they could have time to dry and set up a little.

The day of her party I added all the details: laffy taffy tongue, blue eyes, & sock stripes, black licorice eye lashes & belt, Red licorice cheek, chin, & neck tie, M&M pupils, mini marshmellow teeth, yellow gum drop sponge holes, & Ho-Ho Shoes. I was so happy with how well he turned out & more importantly so was Trinity. When she saw the cake she got a HUGE smile on her face, threw her arms around me & said, "I love you mom!" (Awe!!)
Home-Made Project #2 Who is SpongeBob Square Pants?: I knew that some of the kids may not know who SpongeBob was, so I DVR'd a couple of episodes to give them an idea of who this guy was & a little bit about him. The theme song at the beginning had them all jumping and dancing & before the first episode was over they were all die hard SpongeBob fans!!
Home-Made Project #3 Jelly Fishing: The kids got a chance to see SB go jelly fishing in the 15 minute show they watched, so they were SUPER excited when I told them that we were going jelly fishing. I didn't realize that this would be the party favorite!


Home Made Project #4 Treat/Thank You bags: I had the kids sit in a circle and gave them each a little white paper bag. Then I let each of them fill their own bag with random little SpongeBob stuff. Yo-Yo, sticker, watch, candy, etc... That way they didn't want to tear them open to find out what was inside before they got home. They also got to take home a yellow bottle of bubbles. (another one of SB's favorite hobbies) We played a few other little games, ate cake, & opened gifts. Trinity was very lucky & got lots of nice gifts from all her friends!!


I realized that I forgot to buy candles (again), so Trinity blew out 4 matches! HA!!








I was so busy serving cake, getting water, taking pictures, watching Trin open presents...I didn't notice that Grayden was rummaging through all the crum-ridden plates!! He dumped out all the half full cups of water & had cake crumbs all over himself. He was having a GREAT time at the party!











I was so busy serving cake, getting water, taking pictures, watching Trin open presents...I didn't notice that Grayden was rummaging through all the crum-ridden plates!! He dumped out all the half full cups of water & had cake crumbs all over himself. He was having a GREAT time at the party!




8 comments:
Wow!! That is one awesome party!!!! You are like super mom and that cake is AMAZING!! I'm so so so impressed!!!
That is one awesome cake. Way to go Leslie! You have got to be the coolest mom!
Check out that cake! You got mad skillz Les!
Holy Smokes! I LOVE Spongebob and that cake was awesome! Great "jellyfishing" idea... the party looks like it was so fun! Maybe if I'm good, I can have a Spongebob cake this year! I will tell Adam :)
Seriously, how can we compete with that party? You did an amazing job! I don't know how any one else around here can have a party, the kids will all wish you threw it! Can I hire you as a party planner? j/k
Leslie! so cute :) You did an amazing job on the cake! That party looked fabulous! You're a great party throwing mama!
Holy cow that cake looks great. You did a great job. It looks like trinity had a fun time too. She is so..cute.
You did a great job on the cake! Happy Birthday Trinity!
Post a Comment