1/07/2009

Happy New Year

I hate when I get thrown off my "bloggin groove" because I am always torn between trying to back track all the stuff I didn't post, or to just pick up and trudge forward. So...you'll get a little back up since I can't just skip all the Holiday fun & hoopla! We went to "Zoo Years Eve" to ring in the fake new year. (I say fake because they did a family friendly countdown at 9pm-I highly recommend it for kids!) We walked through the zoo grounds and admired all the lights & a few of the animals that could be seen at night.The kids did awesome-Brinley and Grayden got a free ride (courtesy of Matt) in the stroller & Trinity didn't complain about walking at all! I was so mad when I realized that my battery was low & died before the night was over, so I missed out on a lot of cute light displays! I did what I thought I would never do & resorted to cell phone photography to capture our little group ringing in the fake new year. There was a heated pavilion with a live kid friendly band & Brinley was dancing her little legs off! Trinity was more reserved, as usual, but still had a great time. Grayden slept on and off in the stroller & was bright eyed and bushy tailed for the best part of the party. I love spending time together as a family & it is fun to start our own traditions when we can't be with the rest of our extended family. I hope you all had a great time ringing in the new year too!!

7 comments:

The Oman Family said...

How fun. Sounds like a great way to do the new year with kids.

Brittney said...

Cute new blog design!! I love it. That really looks like a fun New Years tradition! I think we have "Zoo Lights" here at the Hogle Zoo. Maybe I'll have to try it!

Katie said...

I love cell phone pictures!!! HAHAHAH They look great and you can't even tell!!! Happy New Year!

Bench said...

Thanks for the update. I wish that the snow kids could get together some time.

Jessica said...

Looks like a good time. I love the pictures of your kids all bundled up, so cute! Glad you could use those tickets!!

The Wanbergs said...

We'll have to give that a try next year. Looks like a great family event.

Gormley Girls said...

OMG OMG you guys look so cute together! I hope it was fun I loved to go to the zoo lights when I was Trinity's age and I still do. Hope to see you soon.