8/31/2010

How did Stella Get her Groove Back??

Stella?!....are you out there? Inquiring minds would REALLY like to know how to get said "groove" back. Especially after adding another family member into the mix (can I get an amen from all my fellow new moms).

Pasynne will be two weeks old tomorrow & I would also like to know how time goes by so slowly during pregnancy and so fast after?!...hmmm...Anyway-life has been good. Too good. Matt had paternity leave for 10 days after Pasynne's arrival & has left me with a lot to live up to! Here is a small list of the things he accomplished while home:

  • kids remained well fed and dressed
  • bathed children on a regular basis
  • laundry CAUGHT UP
  • kitchen & front room cleaned daily
  • dealt with puking child at 2am, changed sheets, washed and cleaned "nasty" ones
  • put up with hormonal wife

The list goes on, but I was blown away at how much effort he put in & felt like he went above and beyond his "call of duty" (hehehe). In addition to that we were treated to the Mormon standard Meals on Wheels which consisted of 3 delicious dinners & desserts from friends in the ward. We were spoiled even further to have 2 more nights of meals from friends who wanted to help out.

So in a nutshell I have been spoiled! I haven't cooked a real meal in over 2 weeks (lets be honest, I stopped cooking long before my due date) and all other household chores have been done while I sat on the couch nursing or napping. I am a firm believer of us Mom's having a time to relax, but I really don't know how I'm gonna get my groove back!? I haven't worn anything other than scrubs, a T-shirt, and socks for the past couple of days and you know what? I LIKE IT! So, until Stella decides to show up...you can find me on the couch.

5 comments:

Katie said...

HA.... you crack me up! It's insane how your emotions can totally screw up your motivation after having a baby! It is what freaks me out about having another newborn. You are so lucky to have such a great husband and awesome ward! Stay in your jammies all you want, no one will ever know! :) haha

The Spigarelli Family said...

You are so funny! I am sure one day you will start back into your groove of things, but I would enjoy it while you can. What a wonderful husband to help you out so much, I would want to just sit on the couch all day too. Good luck and enojoy this time.

Shantell said...

Amen sister! Jared had a whole week off and when he went back to work I was worried sick on how I'd handle life alone with the kids. But I'm just taking one day at a time and sometimes I get ready for the day, sometimes I get some laundry done, but I still haven't cooked a meal LOL! Enjoy your little one cuz she will grow so quickly. I already feel like Madelyn is HUGE! I love you!!!

Dustan and Micayla said...

Oh my gosh Les...I was laughing my butt off while reading this post!! I totally hear ya. Amd good job Matt!

jaredelizabeth said...

I think you are doing exactly what you should be. Going out for the important things like book club, playgroup and micheal's shopping trips and then hibernating in scrubs and a t-shirt for ALL non important moments in between.

Plus, cereal is fortified so it's a healthy alternative to a home cooked meal right????