Saturday morning we headed out to a pumpkin patch (something I have been wanting to do since Trinity was a baby!) and had a blast! Matt even sacrificed playing football for me-what a good hubby! It was a perfect day & they had so many fun things to do and see. We went on a hay ride, rode on a barrel train, saw tractors & old cars, walked through a small petting zoo, watched pumpkin shooting, wandered through huge pumpkin fields to pick our own pumpkins, saw ducks in the HUGE pond, and bought a watermelon. I was taking so many pictures & having so much fun. My camera was acting a little funny when I tried to view the pictures on our way home, but I figured it was just a little dust from the hay ride and didn't worry too much about it.
As soon as we got home we threw on our Halloween costumes & headed out for the yellow brick road-oh, I mean the Trunk or Treat at the church. We were a little late & missed the actual trunk or treating, but went inside to see about the games they were playing. It was so fun to see people's reactions to our costumes. I of course was excited about how we looked, but WOW people were very impressed. I even had two ladies tell me that they aspired to be me one day! HA!! Another lady asked me if I made our costumes, and I was like, "Uh, I MADE a trip to the store!" hahaha I am just really glad that Matt is willing to dress up with me and have a fun time with the kids. We will be going out as a family tomorrow for some more Halloween fun!

Now for the So Sad part of the title.
When we got to the Trunk or Treat I got my camera out to take pictures and it wasn't working! The screen just read CARD ERROR. It wouldn't even let me view all the pictures I had taken earlier that day! I had some friends that were at the Trunk or Treat, and they offered to email me the pictures they had taken, so at least we got a few! It turns out that our picture card bit the dust!!(no pun intended) I don't know if it was all the dust and dirt at the pumpkin patch or if it was on its way out already. But I was so so sad that I lost all the fun pictures I had taken! I still have one hope of retrieving them (thanks so much Kim!) so we'll see about that. At least I have more picture cards to take pictures with!


13 comments:
Oh My gOsh you guys look so Awesome! I love the costumes! I wish you were here! I'm sorry about your camera, I know you will find a way to retrieve your pics! Love the new layout!
Serilously Every year I wait for to see your costumes and I never am diasapointed SWEET!
AH, your costumes are adorable! I love that you do the matchy matchy thing. I try to do it too! :) hope you get your pics back!
Oh my gosh! Les that is soooo cute! I LOVE you costumes. I too wish I could be like you. I'm sorry to hear about your pictures. What a bummer. I didn't even know picture cards could go bad. I can't wait to see more pictures of your fun halloween weekend.
And a happy late birthday to Brinley!
Your family is so cute, I am amazed you were able to get your husband to dress up. Good for him!
That really is so sad. That same thing happened to one of my good friends and she lost like 200 pictures. The told her that she should have been formatting her card regularly. It is really too bad. You guys look AWESOME. I wish I had it in me to dress up.
you are always so creative and come up with the BEST costume ideas! Each year it has been fun to see what you come up with. Cant wait for next year! love ya
Those costumes ROCK! You did such a good job, that was a way good idea... I think its awesome that you cordinate all your costumes.. next year I think you should do they peter pan idea that one was a good one too! The idea of loosing pics, or anything is so heart breaking I hope you can get them off your memory card...
PS Brinley's face is the BEST in the picture on your header... haha what a cutie!
Wow! Your costumes are amazing! What a creative idea! And what a good sport your husband is for getting all dressed up. Scott doesn't really like to and I'm not very creative so we usually only dress up the kids. Maybe next year I'll get ahold of you for good ideas!
Hi Les! I tagged you, it's a short and fun tag so check out my blog :)
You got those at a store!? You guys look AWESOME!!
And so sad on the technical failures. The PITS!
The kids look soooooooooooooooooo cute.My mom couldn't figure out my pumkin.(sad)Well any way you guys look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment