I decided to get started with my Halloween shopping today & headed over to Party City alone with the kids in hopes that they wouldn't do anything that would cause me to want to leave quickly or worse be asked to leave because of them! I could have waited one more day until Matt gets back from Texas to do my shopping, but I am not the most patient person.
So...we are doing pretty good-I have all 3 of the kids in the stroller, but my original ideas for our "group costumes" just weren't working out! I was wandering from isle to isle trying to think of any other possible theme that would work for 5 people. I find some stuff that I think might work & we head over to the dressing room. More like dressing CLOSET! I still don't know how I got Trinity, Brinley, Grayden, his car seat, & me into that tiny little thing! I started opening the costumes & Grayden decided he had to eat right that second! So while I fed him with one hand I helped Trinity and Brinley get dressed with the other hand. The costumes looked SOO cute & Grayden was now asleep in his & I didn't feel like fighting with the girls to get back in their regular clothes, so I let them wear their costumes to the register. By that time Brinley was done listening to anything I asked her to do, including staying in the stroller, and Trinity politely told me that standing on the back of the stroller was hurting her elbow...what? Yea, I figured she was being good enough to walk next to me, so I let that one slide.
The girl finally got everything rung up & I am digging through my purse trying to find some sort of payment. There was NOTHING in my wallet! Yea, and all 3 kids are in their costumes: Grayden-Asleep, Brinley-On the verge of a tantrum, Trinity-Planning on wearing her costume everyday until Halloween. GREAT!-So I ask if I can run out to the car & see if I left my little wallet out there. I throw all the kids back in the stroller (Brinley is now screaming) and I go running out into the parking lot like a crazy woman! I unlock the van, find my wallet, and run back to the store to pay. Ah...sigh of relief...that is over!
We get back to the van & I am trying to find my keys....trying to find my keys.....where are my keys?...at the bottom of my purse?....stuck in the extra diapers?....WHERE ARE MY KEYS?!!....Oh, I found them, they are laying on the seat-in the LOCKED VAN!!! Ah...CRAP!
I called Matt (even though he is in Texas) and asked him what I should do. He reminded me that our insurance covers road side assistance, so I called them up & this SUPER nice guy shows up in like 25 minutes & 5 minutes later we are on our way home. I was so glad that was part of our insurance! I think I will wait to do anymore shopping until Matt gets back!


10 comments:
OH My gosh I totally know what you were going through! I wish I could have been there to help you! I hve days like that all the time! Lol! Love you guys!
Mothers deserve a medal for sure! Did you know that in germany back in WW2 time they did give mothers medals? We own one. The more kids you had the nicer the medal. It was nazi propaganda with the nazi symbol on it, but still....I think mothers deserve a medal
Wow, What a crazy day! I can just feel your anxiety! I did something similar one day after over an hour and a half of shopping and a full cart, found I left my wallet in the car. Crazy days!
WOW! So crazy! I have heard outings with 3 kids can be hard. Glad you got your keys!
You saw how retarded I am struggling with 2 kids, I can't imagine 3! I think you do an awesome job with all 3! What a stressful day, I decided shopping is always STRESSFUL-- and it's like my favorite thing!
OH MY!! What a day!! So . . . what costumes did you end up getting?!!
ok. hilarious! I would have been yelling, swearing in my head, glaring... basically boiling! You hold your composure well. whew. Save the shopping for midnight.
I agree with Kristy...somethimes it is just easier to put kids to bed and then head out and do what I need to do...oh but wait, I think that Wal-mart is all that is open so...taking the three kids is the only option...good times huh?? That is TOO funny!
Ha! Great story Les! I can only imagine what that would have been like. I'm glad you were able to find cute costumes. I can't wait to see them :)
Les - you are SO BRAVE! What a cool mom letting the kids wear their costumes!
Post a Comment