2/11/2008

Can Opener Curse!

I am starting to hate can openers! (or canned foods) We have this nice one that can be mounted under the cupboards & you just put the can in & it spins around and then hangs there until you come back to take it off. The only thing I don't like about that one is that it is hard to keep clean-and there is nothing more gross than a gunky can opener!! PLUS the ghetto cupboards in our current home are not wood-they are this random metal, so we can't even use that one!

Next there is "old trusty" the kind that you just hand crank, well I guess the one I have needs a tune up or something because I can barely get it to work-I end up getting all mad & spilling bean juice, or tuna drippings all over the place as I struggle to get the stupid can open! Grrr, I am getting frustrated just thinking about it!!

Last we have one of the new battery operated ones that you set on top, push a button & it spins around the can taking the entire lid off. At first I loved this one, but now it has turned into the demon of all can openers! Sometimes it just stops half way through & gets stuck on the half opened can! Or...it goes all the way around but it leaves spots un-cut!

I know that this really shouldn't be that big of a deal, but last night my dinner consisted of 5 different canned foods & I just about lost it! I guess I will be off to the store looking for the perfect can opener. Maybe I will be able to break the curse of the can openers!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I agree with you on the one that goes around on its own mine does the same thing One night I tried to open a can of chili but the can opener stopped halfway and I could not get it off so I just left it on and pried the lid open a little just to get the beans out!!!

Katie said...

HAHA as soon as you put can opener on there, I knew you were going to say something about Tuna.... you and tuna... heheh!!!

Rachel Seren said...

I totally get it! Hilarious, I can just picture it. Just don't do like my little sister and try to just hack at it with a knife! You might just end up in the ER like she did. Before it goes that far go to the store! :)

Heather said...

I seriously think that the can opener is designed to put an unexpected kink in all housewife meals. It is almost like the opener knows when you are in a rush and need to get that can of fruit cocktail open before your 2 year old freaks out and it chooses that precise moment to stop working. Am I right?!!!