4/14/2010

So so...

TIRED. All the time! I realize that being pregnant takes a toll on the body (in more ways than I want to think about right now), but I just can't believe how super tired I am this time around!! Don't get me wrong-I am very grateful to be prego & feel lucky to have had such quick success getting pregnant after having a miscarriage. I know so many amazing women who have had so many struggles trying to conceive & I don't want to seem ungrateful for one minute. Having said that, I suppose I just feel like documenting my "milestones" because I really don't remember having so little energy the last 3 times around.

I go to bed around 10-10:30, wake up around 7-7:30 and feel like I could stay in bed for at least another 45 minutes. I usually convince myself to get up & start taking on the days events, and by the time everyone is fed & I have finished eating I am so drowsy that I could crawl right back into bed for an early afternoon nap. Sheesh! That is pathetic right? Yea, that's what I thought too. I force myself to stay awake & attend to one of the many chores that lay ahead. The easiest thing is to throw a load of laundry in the washer & hope that I have the desire to move it to the dryer before it starts emitting that awesome moldy clothes smell. (Does anyone else have that problem??...oh well, I could commit an entire post to the mis-haps of my bad laundry habits-but not today.)

Finally 11:00 rolls around & Grayden is ready for his nap. I relish the thought because I know that actually means it is time for MY nap too. I bribe the girls with some promise of reward if they will stay out front & watch a movie while Gray & I rest. For a while I was foolish enough to think that would work & would be skipping down the hall to my bedroom only to wake up an hour later to an array of disaster. The last time it was yogurt. Everywhere. In the carpet. On the door handles. In hair. You get the idea, so now I settle for a nap on the couch. At least this way I am able to be woken up in the case of any loud mischievous activities taking place! (In hopes of stopping them before they reach critical mass)

So here it is. 9:30 and we are two hours into the day. Can I make it to 11:00? I MUST! I suppose I'll go re-wash the load of laundry that is stuck to the sides of the washer from its last spin cycle last night. I'm not sure if it has started to smell yet-thanks to my allergies-but can guess that it's well on its way....

*on a side note: yes, I get low blood when I am pregnant & yes, I am taking Iron supplements for it and my blood levels are fine.

7 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

I agree, it's hard to say anything negative about being pregnant because you don't want to sound ungrateful for the blessing, especially when there are so many incredible women who can't conceive. However, no matter how grateful you are, pregnancy is still hard. I'm like you. I can barely hold on until my afternoon nap. Just this morning I didn't think I could do it, so I rested on the couch with one eye open because I don't trust the kids to not get into trouble if I'm in bed asleep. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has had some struggles with the moldy clothes smell! It sounds like we could trade stories. That actually reminds me that I need to go finish the load I started :) From one completely exhausted pregnant friend to another - Hang in there! I'm right there with you!!

Jessica said...

NEITHER of your girls nap anymore? Not fair. I think you should go to bed really early and leave Matt to put the kids to bed! And we totally get the moldy clothes smell too, just start her up again! (but use less soap the 2nd time around.) :)

netcampbell said...

It is going to be over soon. I kind of miss being pregnant because I can go shopping now I'm STUCK!!! Hang in there Leslie.

Michelle said...

I feel your pain! Maybe your iron is low? Mine was. Hang in there.

Dustan and Micayla said...

Oh Leslie...of course you are tired...you have three other little ones that need you all the time! Don't beat yourself up...rest when you can--being pregnant is amazing but it sure takes it's toll on your body!!

Emily said...

I hear ya! But I think I have it way easier than you since I only have one other one to watch. You are amazing Leslie and are doing an awesome job!

Shantell said...

I thought I was the only one who was tired :) Glad to know I'm not alone. Today I let E watch TV while I took a little cat nap on the couch. Yesterday I totally took a 2 hr. nap while E was sleeping. You are totally normal and amazing! I can't imagine what pregnancy would be like with 3 little ones.