I'm not a fan of red meat (other than the occasional pot roast or hamburger) so Matt rarely gets a home made meal that includes anything real "meaty". I decided after being married for almost 8 years I would venture out and buy some ribs to cook for dinner. He enjoyed them, and we agreed the recipe I used could use a little
tweaking for better flavor, and I am happy to say I plan on buying a little more red meat in the future. However, the peanut gallery was
NOT so impressed with dinner & 3 children's plates were brought to the kitchen for disposal that appeared nearly untouched.
When I asked my usual "foodie" what she thought of dinner her reply was, (as she pointed to the creamed carrots, the slow cooked ribs, & the egg noodles) "This one tastes disgusting, this one smells disgusting, & this one looks disgusting. So, I ate half of a roll."
I guess I should give Trinity points for being honest. Ah well, better luck next time I guess?

4 comments:
Ha ha ha that is so funny! I had no idea you weren't a red meat lover. We have a good recipe for ribs if you want it. My A doesn't like the ribs so much, but M loves them and gets them all over. I am sure they will like them if you add them in your menu. The more you offer the more you hope they will like it. I am proud of you trying new meat and all. :)
Hahaha!! That Trinity. What a character. Thanks for the giggle today! I needed it.
I forget that you don't really like red meat. We love meat and ribs are Jared's favorite. I'll have to dig through my recipes and give you the one we like the best. Maybe it will have to be an adult only dinner :) More ribs for you and let the kids eat hot dogs.
So I started reading this on google reader and wanted to read the rest of this so I clicked on it and it of course pulled up your blog but I was at work and didn't realize the speakers were on full blast and it was playing miami oh boy it scared me and my boss was laughing so hard cause she couldn't figure out what I was listening too!!
Post a Comment