3/28/2008

Easter Dresses

I had such a fun time shopping for Easter dresses for the girls!! Matt was more than a good sport to help me out during all the chaos. I think we spent about 4 hours in the mall & I still wasn't 100% happy with Trinity's dress. We ended up going out again the day before easter & Trinity helped me to find the perfect dress for her! I wish the picture taking could have ended up as well as the shopping did. I always set unrealistic expectations when it comes to taking pictures at the holidays or big events. Matt thinks I am crazy for trying so hard, but to me capturing moments on camera is SO important-so he goes along with it. What a great hubby!
We started out inside & could not get both girls to look at me, smile, or sit still for more than 5 seconds!! I decided to bribe them with cereal, but then couldn't get them to put it down! At least they were sitting semi-still. We tried for the outdoor approach & had an even more disasterous time getting the girls "focused". This was Trinity's response to me telling her to smile big-meanwhile Brinley is hunting for a smartie she dropped on the way out!
Running up and down the sidewalk eneded my efforts for any type of picture of both girls together, so these last four shots are what I ended up settling with.Brinley Ann
Trinity PrascillaTrinity and DadBrinley and Mom
(There weren't too many Easter dresses in the maternity section, but this dress does have a little pink in it?)
P.S. We ended up being pretty late for church because of the girls lack of interest in me doing thier hair! Something I will know to prepare for better next year!

14 comments:

Heather said...

the dresses are adorable! Don't you just love shopping for girls!?!

Kara said...

i miss getting easter dresses! Your pictures turned out really cute though! My favorite is the cereal one!

Jessica said...

Oh they look DARLING! I think you did a wonderful job on the pictures. I'm like you and do a lot of work to get the picture I want, especially on special occasions. What cute personalities your girls have!!

Rachel Seren said...

So cute! Even though they weren't looking at the camera I love the one where they are together on the sidewalk!

The Wanbergs said...

As usual, your girls look absolutely adorable! I loved their dresses on Sunday, but I have to say I got a much better look at them on your blog...too busy chasing my own crazy baby around the church I guess. :)

Mary said...

My favorite is Trinity's forced smile. That is so funny. Gorgeous dresses! Happy (belated) Easter!

Katie said...

Your girls are adorable!!! I can't believe how old Brinley looks!!! She's so cute..... I'm so excited for you to have a boy!!!!!

Shantell said...

Les your girls are getting so big and they are so cute! I can't wait for you to come to UT. You guys look so cute and happy. I love their dresses you did a great job and I think your pictures turned out perfect. I love & miss ya!

Danica said...

Their dresses are soo cute!! You did a great job finding Easter dresses! I had a way hard time finding Iz one this year but yours turned out CUTE CUTE!

*Angela* said...

the joys of parenting.. the girls look so adorable though! Cant wait for the lil boy!

jaredelizabeth said...

I love your blog, it's fun to see pictures of your beautiful girls. I love the background!!! I didn't know you were having a boy...that will be fun and different after two girls....congrats. I can't wait to see what cute boy names you come up with. You picked such cute names for your girls.

The Allens said...

Your girls look so cute in their Easter dresses. What a fun tradition! And what a nice husband to go shopping with you for 4 hours. I know Scott would not be happy with me if I did that. I really like your blog...the background is so cute!

Crafty Momma said...

They are so beautiful! I understand about finding certain dresses/outfits while pregnant. I was about 6 mos and pretty big when my husband graduated from dental school. I was really looking forward to getting all dressed up in something cute for the occasion, but could only fin a black dress. I guess it was okay, but not very "springy" Are you having a boy or girl? I would love for you to visit our blog too! Your's is so cute!

Dannenbergs said...

Your blog is really cute. I hope you have a good time in Utah. I love visiting family.