4/26/2008

Home again, Home again, Jiggity, Jig...

*Warning-This may be the longest post I will ever create, so you may want to take a break & then come back to it! :)


Our flight came in to SLC early Thursday morning & my parents happened to be at a work convention for my Dad in St. George. My sister Kellie came to pick us up & when we got to my parent's house it was a little wierd to be there with out anyone else! Trinity said to me, "mom, I REALLY want to go to Grandma & Grandpa's house!" I explained to her that we were there & that they would be coming to see us the very next day. She seemed ok with that answer.


The very first thing the girls wanted to do when we got to Utah was play in the sandbox!

It was pretty cold so I gave them some of Grandpa's hats to wear. Trinity insisted that it was not too cold to be playing out side.
Brinley was constantly by my Mom's side & always asking for an "ap-O" (apple) or a
"na-nu" (banana).And of course Grandma was always ready and willing to cut one up for her.
It wasn't too long before the bikes came out & with a little help from Grandpa Trinity was riding on a big girl bike (with training wheels) for the first time. She did really well, but got a little nervouse from time to time.






Brinley also got in on the action, but instead of going forward she liked pushing off the ground with her feet to zoom backwards!
I have this wierd obsession about things being organized, so while the girls were having fun with Grandma & Grandpa I organized the toy closet & began plans of how I could help the kids & adults to remember where everything goes. (I will have to have my mom send a pic of everything with it's picture & name label. I was very proud of the toy closet make-over!)Aunt Kim reading a book to the girls. It didn't take them long to get re-aquainted.I would have to say that Brinley's favorite part of the trip was meeting Avie-Kellie's new puppy.Kellie & Richard now have 2 Syberian Husky dogs Sennie & Avie. They are such a fun couple & love thier dogs!!Brinley was constantly looking for Avie & would wander around saying, "A-bV, A-bV, A-bV" until she had found her. Then she wouldn't leave Avie alone until she had licked her hand. Even now that we have been home for a few days she still looks out the window and calls her name! Grandpa had the idea to go for a pajama ride one night, so he took the girls out to the Trooper & my mom and I grabbed a few things before coming out. When I went to get in the backseat with the girls he was already belted in the tiny spot between them! The picture doesn't do justice of how small the spot was! The girls loved playing with Grandpa!!My family had planned a trip out to the sand dunes, so we decided to go with them & the girls had SO much fun! This is a rhino that my brother-in-law Richard borrowed & brought out. It is one powerful machine. (for looking like a golf cart)It got really windy while we were there & Kellie found some $1 swim goggles to help keep the sand out of our eyes. Trinity didn't care what she looked like as long as she could keep riding with "the boys" what a cutie!Brinley and I went to check out Rich & kellie's Truck/Camper & we got some fresh baked biscuits out of it! Yum-thanks Kellie!! (oh, my sad camping hair-do!)
Brandon was so sweet with Brinley he putted all over the camp ground with her & as they would pass you could hear her going, "weee-weee!!" Trinity got to put around a little faster with Grandpa & he said that she was talking constantly, but he would only catch a word here and there. My little chatter box!I wanted to see the actual dunes, so my dad drove us up to the top so we could look out over all the sand hills. There weren't many people there, but I was still ready to go back down as soon as I got a couple of pictures. I am getting to be so paranoid these days!The sand is so soft & is the best to play with! Brinly just sat there & Sifted her hands and arms through it. She was showing me something she found & after I had taken the picture I took it from her & realized it was this huge chunk of glass!! AHH!!
Playing on the swings is another favorite activity & Grandma is usually always ready to join in on the fun.
Trinity is learning to pump herself, but felt safer practicing in the baby swing. I love this pic!
We didn't get to have a fire at the dunes but my parents have a fire pit in their back yard, so we were still able to have a fire for hot dogs & s'mores!!
My sisters wanted to throw me a baby shower & I was so happy to see some of my closest friends!Here is another pic of a bigger group of us-I should crop in on it so we aren't so tiny!
My Grandma Bev just had her 85th birthday and surprised my family by showing up at the shower with my Aunt, Uncle, & their girls. I was so excited that she was able to come down!I asked Sara to stay over night since she came all the way from Logan. The girls and their cousins couldn't get enough of her!We spent some time at Aunt Kim's house & the girls had a blast playing with the kids!Brienna is Kim's youngest child & will be turning 1 on May 8th. I still can't believe it! She is so tiny!Grandpa took Trinity & her cousin Sierra out on a bike ride & Trinity made it all the way around the block-way to go Trin!!Trinity & Sierra were playing a fishing game in secret behind one of Grandma's couches. It worked pretty well, none of the "little kids" even knew they were there!We got to visit with our good friends Danica and Isabel & even went out to lunch!Me & Danica :)My cousins came to visit and play games one day. We are all trying a new health drink.Eating breakfast with the cousins & Grandma.Grandma pulling the girls on Grandpa's little green wagon.


We were in Utah for almost 3 weeks & I still can't believe how fast the time flew by. I feel so lucky that we have been able to visit as often as we have, but am afraid that the visits are going to slow down for a while. There are only 2 months left before our baby boy joins the group & then Grandma & Grandpa are planning on coming here for a visit. Trinity is already looking forward to it & so are the rest of us. Thanks to everyone who made our trip to Utah one to remember!!

14 comments:

Kara said...

I am glad you had fun! I know Kim loved seeing you! I love your family!

Kimberly said...

I am so glad that you and your girls came to visit I had so much fun with you guys and we already miss you like crazy!!!

Danica said...

I'm so glad you came too!! I loved hanging out with you and seeing you again!! Isabel LOVES playing with your girls!! Now we're just excited to see you again and the NEW BABY!!

Danica said...

I'm so glad you came too!! I loved hanging out with you and seeing you again!! Isabel LOVES playing with your girls!! Now we're just excited to see you again and the NEW BABY!!

Brittney said...

Whew! What a post! But I made it through. :) It was so good to see you Les!! I miss you. We have such a good time when we're together!! You gotta blog more!

Rachel Seren said...

AAAHHH! I am soooooo jealous! I would love to be in Utah right now. I know how great it is to see family. My mom and dad came to visit me for a week and it's so nice to just take a break from the everyday. I am glad you posted pics of your get togethers I don't think I have seen brittany or danica and chantel since the old color guard days. It was great! How are they doing by the way? Too fun!

Jessica said...

Looks like you and your girls had tons of fun with family. Isn't it so great to see them having fun with their grandparents and cousins? You got some great pictures, I really like the ones of Trinity on the swing and wearing the $1 goggles! Oh I and I MUST say you look sensational for being 7 months pregnant!!

Shantell said...

Les I love you so much! I'm so glad that I was able to see you and spend some good bonding time together. I really miss you but I'm glad that you and Matt are doing so well. Make sure you let us know how you are doing and when that baby comes post lots and lots of pictures. I wish I was rich cuz I'd fly out to see you in a heart beat!

The Allens said...

I was wondering where you were at for so long. I'm glad you guys had a great time! I laughed at so many of the pictures. Your girls have such cute personalities.

Heather said...

It was so great to see you! Good luck with the baby!

Mary said...

Fun, fun, fun! Your parents are the cutest grandparents. I think it's so cool how they get down in there with the little ones and your Dad--that is so cute he squished himself between the girls! I love it! Glad to hear you could visit for a good time. Excited to hear about the next big adventure in the Browns life!

Tracy Giles said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to check out your blog. It looks great! The girls are so cute and it looks like you guys had a great trip.

Debbie and Bobby said...

Did your parents move since we've been there (probably ike 4-5 years ago)? The kitchen just lookes different to me so I was curious.

The Wanbergs said...

Wow, next time you go to Utah, and have all that fun with your family, Edie and I want to come too! My family never has so many adventures in such a short time. That looked so fun! By the way, I'm glad you're back.