

THEN...Monday night we were just relaxing after having dinner & Matt went out to put some stuff away in the storage unit. Trinity went with him & Brinley and I sat on the front porch enjoying the "summer like" evening weather. When they were finished Trinity came running across the parking lot to see us & tripped. (She was wearing shorts and flip-flops for the first time since winter) She skidded on her leg and immediately started to cry. Matt picked her up & helped her wash off her wound. I went in to check on things & was surprised to see a much bigger wound than I had expected. We decided to take her in to the after hours clinic & ended up being there until about 11pm. here are some pics of the events that took place.




Trinity ended up with 5 stitches and a dose of pain killer. She was SO brave through all of it & only cried one time when they were giving her the shots to numb the area. I tired my best to keep Brinley busy while we were there & she did a pretty good job. Matt was very attentive to Trinity & kept her spirits up by telling her he was going to lick her stitches...I know GROSS...but hey that is Matt & the girls thought it was pretty funny! Now we get to go back in 10 days and have the stitches removed.
The last surprise for our short time since being home was finding out that Matt had to leave for a week to be in Chicago. He had been trying his best to get out of going, but there was no way around it. He was nominated for some award in his unit & made it to the next round. He really didn't want to have to go on, but we said good bye on Tuesday & won't see him again until Sunday. So here we wait....I just hope that there aren't many more surprises in store!
The last surprise for our short time since being home was finding out that Matt had to leave for a week to be in Chicago. He had been trying his best to get out of going, but there was no way around it. He was nominated for some award in his unit & made it to the next round. He really didn't want to have to go on, but we said good bye on Tuesday & won't see him again until Sunday. So here we wait....I just hope that there aren't many more surprises in store!


15 comments:
Are these T's first stitches? What a trooper!!! So happy when you post Les! MWAH!
Are these T's first stitches? What a trooper!!! So happy when you post Les! MWAH!
Those are gorgeous roses!!! I hate when my husband has to work weekends and leave town too. Hopefully you won't have your baby while he's gone!!!!! That would FREAK me out! Trinity looks so cute and brave!! hehe... she's a doll!
What an exciting week! I hope things calm down a bit for you next week (minus the flower part, that kind of suprise is always welcome)!!
OH poor Trinity! Glad she is ok!
I am glad Trinity is ok now. Sorry about Matt being gone. That is always so hard when your hubby is out of town. Good luck!
Wow what a week! I hope it gets better!
Poor girl! She's such a sweetie!! I love your flowers, what a sweet husband!
Man! It seems like that sort of stuff always decides to happen at the same time maximizing your stress levels.
Aww shucks. Matt is such a sweet husband and great Dad. Poor Trinity! That's crazy she had to get stitches from falling. Nice to have a husband who know about stuff like that. Sorry you are widowed. I just hate it. Everything moves in slow motion. Husbands really are great, huh? Hang in there! I always end up taking Bridget to the park at like 6 pm when the rest of the world is having dinner and getting ready for the bed. That's the worst time of day without Nick and it makes it easier to not be home. You are one strong lady!
Who knew flip flops could be so dangerous ;)
Beautiful flowers! I love the colors! I hope Trinity's battle wound gets better soon. Ouch!
I know how the husband being gone evenings, weekends, and trips feels. I am sorry. It's no fun. I am glad Matt was there for the stitches part. That would have been hard to do without him. Hang in there! You're doing a great job.
That's not fun, but I'm glad she was such a good sport!! I am afraid of the first time Delia will get stiches! Crazy Days!
Hi! I've tagged you. Check my blog :)
Post a Comment