11/13/2007

Vacation Recap-Part 1

While we were on our little vacation to Utah we got to do so many different things which was good in some ways & bad in others. I was so happy that we were able to see so many people, but there were so many things going on all the time that it felt like the week just flew by. I guess that is probably always the way it goes when you are enjoying a nice vacation. We were lucky enough to be able to fly instead of driving & it was both of the girls first times on an airplane. We almost missed our flight, which is another long story, and consequently were not able to sit all on the same row. Trinity and I sat together by some overly friendly man, and Matt was holding Brinley in the seat right in front of me. Trinity did so well & loved all the excitement of going fast & then being high up in the sky with the clouds and the birds. Brinley also did very well & it helped that the flight is only about an hour and a half long. Once we got into Salt Lake we borrowed a car from my parents and we were off to Cedar City. We only got to spend the weekend, but it was packed with activities.We made our usual trip to Wal-Mart & the girls got their pictures by Ronald McDonald. Then when we were finished their cousin Makenna took them on a ride on the ponies in the little play area. I wish my camera would have gotten better pictures because they were SO excited. I guess I need to invest .50 worth of entertainment more often!









We were lucky enough to get to see Logan play in his last football game of the season & Matt also got to play some football with all of the guys. Being able to play football when we go to Cedar City is one of the highlights for Matt. The only thing that tops that is getting doughnuts from the local grocery store.
For those of you who don't know Matt comes from a very large family. He has nine siblings and five half siblings, and it turns out that there are 5 birthdays in October. Debbie planned a get together to celebrate all the birthdays & the day of the party happened to be Emily's actual birthday. I offered to make a cake with my new "skills" & then we made another cake for Angela, Westley, Taylor, and Brinley to share. It took a lot more time than I thought it would, but it was really rewarding to see how happy Emily was when she saw the finished product.The rest of our time in Cedar was spent enjoying being with family & I even helped Debby start her own blog-yay!! It is so nice that the older cousins can help out with Trinity and Brinley & Trinity loved playing outside with them. Whether it was jumping on the tramp with Tyler, Chandler, and Emily or playing dolls with Makenna she loved playing with the big kids. Hopefully next time she won't be scared of Colton-sorry buddy! I had to laugh a little because from the minute we got there Cody was determined to make Brinley "love him". Although most of his attempts didn't turn out the way he hoped (they usually ended up with Brinley screaming) he didn't give up. By the end of the trip he got her to sleep & was so proud that there was finally some love! Good job Cody!
When Sunday morning rolled around we had to scoot out of there & head back to Pleasant Grove to see our newest niece be blessed. Jared did a GREAT job & Brienna Sue is the sweetest little thing. She sat in her dress so still while Kim and I took pictures & I just can't believe how much she looks like Kim.
After the blessing there was another birthday to celebrate-Sierra. I can't believe that she is already six! She is such a big helper to her mom & loves going to kindergarten.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I Love all these cute pics!! You are so good at writing about each pic I need to be better at that!!

Katie said...

Holy crap... I'd say your week was filled to the brim with stuff to do!!! Sounds like you conquered all!!!! hahaha I love spending time with family, it's the best! You both come from such great families!

Danica said...

What a fun week! How did that pic of us turn out?! Can you e-mail it to me!?

Brittney said...

There is no way Brienna Sue has that much hair!! Is that a baby-wig?? WHAT?!! She looks EXACTLY like kim. How weird not to have a blondie!!!! But she looks like a little doll! I bet Sierra is just in heaven with her! They have such a big family now!!! This was such a fun entry!! Thanks Les!!!