11/13/2007

Vacation Recap-Part 2

I wasn't finished with our vacation recap, but the blogger wouldn't let me add any more pictures, so hopefully with part-2 I can tell you the rest of our stories (sorry if you aren't looking forward to another lengthy post!) and share the rest of the pics too! So...let's see where was I...
Brinley had her first birthday while we were there-yes another birthday! So on Monday we had a birthday party for her too! I am sad that the pictures didn't turn out to great, but am glad that I at least have some pictures of her special day. She doesn't show too much expression, but when she opened the puppy from her Great Aunt Val & Uncle Bud she had the cutest little smile on her face & she pressed it against her chubby little cheek. I made a cake for her B-Day too & wasn't as happy with it as I thought I would be, but everyone said it tasted great & Brinley didn't complain! Strawberry cake with vanilla pudding in the middle-yummy!
We were able to see our friends & I was so happy that Ryan, Christina, & Avrie were able to come to the birthday party. I am so happy that we have been able to keep in touch with them for so long. I never thought that when we met them 5 1/2 years ago that we would become such good friends!
On Tuesday we got the OK from Shanny & Jared to come and see new baby Ethan. I was so excited & still feel so lucky that he was born in time for us to meet him on our short trip to Utah. He is such a handsome little man & has the cutest but chin & round cheeks. He and Brinley share the same B-Day so I will never forget just when little Ethan was born!
All of the family came to Grandma & Grandpa's house on Tuesday night so that we could do some last minute pumpkin carving. Not too many people were very enthusiastic about getting started (I think all the activities were starting to bog us down a little) so Matt finally started cutting the tops off & gutting all the pumpkins. He had Caleb as his trusty side kick & I heard Matt every few minutes say, "OK buddy-step back a little bit". They gutted all of the pumpkins & the rest of us got to come take our pick & carve without much mess-thanks Matt!











Only five pumpkins ended up getting carved, but we had fun together all the same. Sierra and Kellie decided to draw on their pumpkins, but I think they got taken home before I had a chance to snap a picture of the final product. Trinity is sitting next to the pumpkin I carved & she asked, "Is this me?".
Wednesday I got to go and visit Danica which was so much fun. I was finally able to meet Isabell & she is just as cute in person as I expected she would be. Danica taught me a little more about Adobe (I still need a lot of work) and we had fun just spending some time together. She even came back to my parents house with me & had pizza. I am really glad that we have been able to remain friends for such a long time! (I am so sad because these pics didn't turn out well either!)
That night was Halloween & to find out about all of those adventures you can check out the post titled Halloween. The next morning we had to get everything packed up & ready to leave for the airport. The time went by so fast & it was sad to think that it was already time to go back home again. I think the only thing that kept Trinity from being too sad about it was the fact that we were going to be riding on another airplane. We took some fun pictures out on the patio with my parents & Kim, Sierra, & Brienna stopped by to bring Brinley a B-Day gift. We snapped a few pics of all the girl cousins & then we were off.I wanted to get a few pictures of the girls at the airport and on the plane, but things were all happening so fast that I only took a few pictures and...yes you guessed it, they didn't turn out well. I am going to post them anyway because although they didn't turn out the best they still bring back the same fun memories of our trip. Thanks to all of you for making it so great, we hope to see you at Christmas!!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Trinity's hair is getting so long!! And I don't know what you are talking about, plenty of those pics were good!!!

So sad I didn't get to see you. But hello!! When would I have squeezed in? You were soooo busy!

Isn't Ethan adorable! I didn't even realize he and Brinley share a birthday! What a fun coincidence!!

Brittney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danica said...

Brinley's cake turned out so cute! I'm so glad you came! Can't wait until Christmas!

Katie said...

We should all go to lunch when you get here for Christmas!!!!!!

To Your Health said...

Thanks for your comment Les, I took some pics @ Gardner Village but I was using mom and Dad's camera so I will have to go to there house soon and post them, it was fun and a little crazy at the same time! We will have to go again when you guys come down if there's time I now you guys would really enjoy it, Kim & her kids had a blast. Hopefully it won't be so busy we went on midnight madness and it really was MADNESS!!! I can't wait to see you guys!!! Love ya

Shantell said...

Les I think your pictures are cute! Thanks for taking time to come and visit us in the hosptial. I can't wait to see you at Christmas!