One of my friends threw a little Christmas Luncheon a couple of weeks ago & there was an ugly sweater contest involved. I went shopping at the local thrift store to find the perfect sweater & told the girls it was a "silly" sweater party because I didn't want to offend any of the other shoppers. :) They were so excited about the idea that they wanted silly sweaters too. We found a couple, but after putting them on I thought they actually looked pretty cute! Here they are at the party with some of the other kids.
L to R: Brinley, Lily, Trinity, Ellana, Katy, & Mason

I wanted to get Grayden in on the action too, but all I could find was this little red vest. I had this wild idea to attach some tinsel to the top & side seams for added "silliness". He looked more like a Christmas rock star than anything & didn't mind the fringe hanging down at all!

Here are Kat & Caleb peeking at the cat outside.

Brant wasn't too sure how he felt about the singing snowman. Oops! Sorry buddy.

We also played a white elephant game & had some great laughs at a few of the most "wanted" items going around.


The gift I brought was at the top of the "want" list. I mean, who wouldn't want a giant leopard print silk PJ? (The tag said "ONE SIZE FITS MOST") Shary & Jessica could have both easily fit inside!

Monae had dibs on it for a while, but it was eventually stolen by the interested onlooker to her right! :)

Jess brought a Carma Sutra box that was claimed pretty quickly by Shary...LOL!! Too funny.

And last but not least the Ugly Sweater contest was judged.
L to R: Emily, Susan, Liz, Natalie, Me, Jessica, & Tracy
Natalie was the winner & claimed her giant symphony bar!

We all brought yummy things to eat, had a lot of good laughs & conversation, and ended with a table full of sweet treats provided by Tracy. It was a great time & I always enjoy myself when in company with such great ladies!!
3 comments:
What a cute idea! looks like fun!
What a fun idea!! I want to see a better picture of your sweater Les. I looks hilarious.
so fun! I never thought of doing an ugly sweater party with just girlfriends! hmmmm, note to self! looks like a blast :)
Post a Comment