12/22/2009

California Adventures

Now I hope that none of you pass out because this post really is about our trip to California. It is hard to believe that it has already been about 5 months since we went! I have SO many pictures from that vacation, and I absolutely hate that you can only upload 5 pictures at a time on blogger. (what is the deal with that anyway?) Anyway...I decided to do little "picture collages" in hopes of getting them posted more quickly. The only downside is that some of the pictures are smaller because of it, so I apologize. However, I am happy to say that I am back on track to get all of the vacation posted. Here are some of the pictures for the day we spent at California Adventures:
We hit the Monsters Inc ride first & it was such a great way to start the day! I loved the ride & the kids loved to see Mike, Sully, & Boo! Grayden kept staring at the little girl in line behind us & would inch closer and closer to her. He is such a lady's man! :)When we got off the ride Brinley spotted Handy Manny & would not let us pass up the chance to meet him. (Trinity was not a fan of the characters AT ALL. She preferred to stay at a safe distance & watch everyone else do the meet'n greets) I was actually really surprised at how brave Brinley was. She waltzed right up to him and got an autograph.
We also rode on the most beautiful carousel! (I forgot the name-so all of you Disney lovers will have to remind me) It was a sea theme-Triton's Carousel or something...anyhow, it was awesome!
We stopped to have our pic taken in front of Mickey's Ferris Wheel & they were in the middle of a giant construction project (you can't really tell in the pic), but it will be cool to go back one day and see the difference.We made sure to stop & snatch a spot for a nice view of the "Pixar Play Parade" & am so glad we did! It was the most entertaining parade I have ever seen-they really know how to put together parades! Every float had some sort of water spraying device & music was blaring as the characters either walked or danced along. The kids would point and get so excited to see so many of their favorite movie characters in real life! We spent the next couple of hours in " a bug's land" riding as many rides as we could. Being out numbered by our kids made it a little more difficult & time consuming to go on some of the rides, especially the ones that Grayden was to small for. Luckily the lines weren't too bad & Grayden was a good sport to wait & watch on the side.As it got later in the day Grayden started to get a little more impatient & Matt got more creative to keep him entertained. We waited in the longest line yet to ride on Mickey's Ferris Wheel. Grayden spent most of that time pinching, poking, prodding, or biting Matt. Not to mention occasional screams. We finally made it into our "cage" & had a nice relaxing ride. The girls really enjoyed being so high up & were fascinated with all they could see from that view point. We weren't sure (now when I say "we" I mean Matt) if Grayden would make it through anymore rides, but I really wanted to go on the Toy Story ride (Once again I don't remember the real name). I convinced, or rather-guilted, Matt into this one last ride & he begrudgingly agreed. (The wait time was 45 minutes & we hadn't eaten dinner) I held Grayden for the majority of the time hoping to ease some of Matt's frustration, and by the time we got to the ride he had been asleep for about 10 minutes. Believe it or not he ended up sleeping through the ENTIRE RIDE! I was shocked & even snapped a quick picture of how he was slumped over in my lap during the ride. This was my all time favorite ride by the way & would have loved to ride it again!!As we were on our way out it was really crowded & we soon learned that another parade was about to begin. Matt was set on leaving and I, of course, insisted that we stay for the parade. (Come on people, how often do you go to Disney Land) I shoved our two strollers into what little space was left & tried to convince Matt that none of us were on the verge of starvation. He disagreed & went on the hunt for some "cheap" food. (There is a whole other story about how disgusted I was at the price of food, ice cream, or any edible item!! Maybe I'll tell that story another time) He returned just after the parade had started with some much appreciated food & we all scarfed it down while we enjoyed another fabulous parade! "Disney's Electrical Parade" Disney Land & California Adventures are right across from each other, and as we tried to wait out the crowds that were leaving the park (Disney Land stays open later than Cal. Adventures does) we were able to watch the firework show that was going on at Disney Land. Once the fireworks were done we made our way out & made the long walk back to the parking lot. It was a very fun filled day & I know we all slept well that night!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Awwww I have tears in my eyes. I'm so happy you were a pest and insisted on not missing the Electric Light Parade and on going on Toy Story Mania. You made the right choice. Looks like you had a magical time with your family!! I'm so happy for you!