Look at those cute cozy little toes! I finally did it, I actually finished a blanket for Grayden. I have enough material to make 2 others & all of it was bought when I was pregnant-19 months later and one is finally finished!
My older sister (the rag quilt QUEEN) helped me start cutting the squares forever ago & then they sat & sat & SAT! Then, our ward decided to have a little workshop on how to make rag quilts. (Thanks Shary-R.Q. Guru) I pretty much knew how to do them, but this gave me the extra incentive to start working on mine again. I spent half of a Saturday cutting out all the squares & took them home with great intentions on sewing them together.....Fast forward 2 months. Yup, still sitting in the bag waiting to be done. Then, my niece came out to visit for Spring Break & I was able to actually spend time working on it & not worrying about the kids. (YAY for Makenna the lifesaver!!) I set all the squares out in a pattern that would work with the random materials I had. (I bought almost everything from the clearance scrap bins)
Sewed squares of batting in the middle with a few not so perfect X's & then sewed all the squares & rows together.
Then I spent about three hours cutting. Yes...THREE HOURS. I will be buying the specially made "rag quilt scissors" if I plan on doing more rag quilts in the future!
I threw it in the wash so it could get nice and frayed out & admired my sweet baby boy all cozy in his new blanket!
Isn't he precious?!
This one is my favorite-look at those perfect toes!
My older sister (the rag quilt QUEEN) helped me start cutting the squares forever ago & then they sat & sat & SAT! Then, our ward decided to have a little workshop on how to make rag quilts. (Thanks Shary-R.Q. Guru) I pretty much knew how to do them, but this gave me the extra incentive to start working on mine again. I spent half of a Saturday cutting out all the squares & took them home with great intentions on sewing them together.....Fast forward 2 months. Yup, still sitting in the bag waiting to be done. Then, my niece came out to visit for Spring Break & I was able to actually spend time working on it & not worrying about the kids. (YAY for Makenna the lifesaver!!) I set all the squares out in a pattern that would work with the random materials I had. (I bought almost everything from the clearance scrap bins)
Sewed squares of batting in the middle with a few not so perfect X's & then sewed all the squares & rows together.
Then I spent about three hours cutting. Yes...THREE HOURS. I will be buying the specially made "rag quilt scissors" if I plan on doing more rag quilts in the future!
I threw it in the wash so it could get nice and frayed out & admired my sweet baby boy all cozy in his new blanket!
Isn't he precious?!
This one is my favorite-look at those perfect toes!


11 comments:
Oh my gosh it looks sooo good! You are a pro! I am so proud of you! I love the colors! You definetly need some spring loaded scissors!
Ahh Yes, the rag quilt scissors are a must! It's so cute, good job!
Yay it is way cute! :)
Super cute! Have no fear, once you do a few quilts you can whip one out start to finish in 6 hours. AND it does help tremendously to have awesome scissors!
So cute and fun! It looks really good. You did and awesome job! You have more patience than I do, but maybe one day I will do one!
I adore the toe shot also, but all of them are beautiful.
Les this is sooo cute! I just love the colors and pattern. I'm like you, I have many projects just waiting for me to work on them. I really like the pictures of his toes hanging out in his blanket. I can see a cute scrap page with those pictures :)
Wow Leslie!! That is SUCH a vute blanket!! And the Jam...gosh Martha Stewart, you are amazing!!
That turned out so cute! Good job on finishing it. I just recently finished mine, too. It feels good so to finish projects, huh? :) I wonder which one I should try to finish next :)
That is absolutely Adorable!!! good work!
So cute! I'm glad you were able to finish it. I started a quilt a very long time ago and have yet to finish it!
Post a Comment