3/27/2009

True Love

Ever since Grayden was about five months old he has had a very bizzare obsession with our vacuum cleaner. Most babies are afraid of the vacuum, which makes sense to me, it is loud and fast moving, much taller than a baby & hogs all the goodies that could have otherwise been eaten! Here are a few pictures I have taken to document his growing "love" of the vacuum. Those pictures were taken in December when he was scooting around pretty well, but hadn't mastered crawling or standing yet. He followed me around as I vacuumed trying to keep up & you can see how red the back of his little arms are from trying so hard to catch up to me. These pics are from January & as you can see he figured out how to stand up! That gave him an even better view of this awesome machine! He also learned to crawl pretty quickly (probably due to me vacuuming so often) and it became more and more difficult to vacuum with him around. I would often find him standing up to the vacuum with his arms around it just looking it up and down. Maybe he was looking for the on button!

I fianlly had to recruit help when it was time to vacuum because I was afraid I would end up rolling over his little fingers or tripping over him. Trinity gladly accepted the job offer & tried her best to hang on to him while I vacuumed as quickly as I could. He would squirm and wiggle so hard she was barely able to hold him.

I asked Matt to record him for me one day in case he all of a sudden grows out of his obsession, so here are a few little clips of what vacuuming around our house can be like. Enjoy!






12 comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

That second video is one of the funnies things I've ever seen! Grayden is so hilarious....no wonder everyone loves him! To call that kid active is such an under statement!!!!!

The Spigarelli Family said...

That is so funny that he loves the vacuum so much. You are right usually kids are scared of it. Mason hates it and runs away and gets up high when I vacuum. Maybe it is because you do it so often he is used to it. Makes me wonder if I don't vacuum enough. He is adorable in the movie clips.

Brittney said...

What a crack up!! I have never heard of a kid loving a vacuum so much.

The Wanbergs said...

Boys and their toys: right?

The Wanbergs said...

Eden made me play the video of him chasing the vacuum over and over again. So cute!

Jessica said...

That is too funny! What a cute boy, he's just a little muscle isn't he? Does he ever hold still? So cute to see Trinity play with him in the last video.

The Allens said...

That's so cute! Those videos were hilarious! Hopefully he'll still like that vacuum when you want him to use it to clean the house!

Shantell said...

Glad to see that my little Ethan isn't the only one who loves the vacuum. It was cute for a while but now that he can walk he wants to help me...and when he can't help me he stands in my way.

welchfamily said...

He is so cute!!! My little guy is the same way he still "fights" me for the vacuum and know where is is kept and will stand at the door calling for it. I think it may just be a boy thing. I love the video clip!!! He is so fast!!

Mary said...

It's has a motor of some sort in it, right?

You had Nick and I chuckling. What a funny kid!

Dustan and Micayla said...

He is so funny and getting SO big!! You have such cute kids Les!

Crafty Momma said...

That is so funny because delia is the complete opposite! She thinks it's a great big monster! She runs away every time I get it out and all I can do is laugh histerically! She won't even go downstairs if she sees it sitting it in the hall! That is so cute though! ;)