I figure I could explain a little about my last post since I try to always tell about what the pictures are about. However, I was in such a hurry when I stuck those pics on here that I had NO time left to write anything.
My niece Emily read the book "Flat Stanley" in school & each of the kids from her class sent Flat stanley in the mail on an adventure. He came to our house, so we hung out with him for a while, took pictures, and then I was supposed to send the pictures and a letter from Stanley to Emily about his adventures with us. Well...I sort of procrastinated until the last second, so I stuck the pictures on our blog so that Debby (Emily's Mom) could get them. I emailed her the letter so she could print that off too & then Emily had everything she needed for her class. If you want to know what all the pics are about you can read Flat Stanley's letter too.
Dear Emily,
Thank you so much for sending me to go visit your Uncle Matt, Aunt Leslie, & their kids; Trinity, Brinley, & Grayden. I had quite an adventure & am so excited to tell you about all of the things I did with them while I was in Denver, Colorado.
Trinity was so excited to see me and asked me if I wanted to play the Wii with her. It was so much fun! We played Mario Party 8 & I even pretended that I was in the game getting bonked on the head by coconuts! Hehehe Moving up and down and all around made me a little dizzy, but I told Trinity I would love to play the Wii with her again before I left.
Everyone waited patiently for a turn to play with me, and as soon as I was done playing with Trinity I was off to play with Brinley. She introduced me to her favorite doll, Benny, and then showed me her room and some of her favorite toys. She didn’t want to share me with anyone else, so she stuck me in the toy barn so that no one could find me. Lucky for me her mom saw me sitting by the chicken and took me out.
Your Aunt Leslie was so busy trying to clean, cook, change diapers, & take care of everyone. She decided to put me up by the mirror so that I would be safe from Brinley hiding me again. She didn’t realize that Trinity could reach me & before long I was with Trinity once again. I got to have a ride with Trinity on her scooter, we watched a movie, and ate a snack, but then Trinity left me on the floor!!
I was pretty tired, so I decided since I was laying down that I would go ahead and take a little nap. I had just dozed off when I heard a loud noise coming towards me. I opened my eyes just as I felt something pulling on my feet! It was your Aunt Leslie & she was vacuuming the floor, but she hadn’t noticed me and accidently sucked me up into the vacuum!!! I was so afraid that I was going to be thrown out in the trash, and no matter how loud I screamed or yelled no one heard me. Then, to my surprise, someone did find me, but it was the baby; Grayden.
Your Uncle Matt noticed Grayden standing by the vacuum babbling baby talk at me. Matt was so shocked to see me in there & he quickly took the vacuum apart, lifted me out, and cleaned me up a little. Pretty exciting wouldn’t you say?
I have had so much fun visiting & your aunt Leslie even gave me a picture of the family to keep. I can’t wait to see where my next adventure will take me. I hope I don’t get sucked into any more vacuums!!
Love,
Flat Stanley


1 comment:
I loved flat Stanley but the letter made it better
Post a Comment