6/12/2008

Pregnancy Update

If any of you are like me then you are wondering if I have had my baby yet. Especially if you live near me because I tend to hermit away & start organizing & cleaning everything. But the answer is no, I have not had him & even though I still have 17 days until my due date I feel like each day is dragging!

I have been lucky to have a great pregnancy without any problems or big issues to deal with, but the last couple of weeks have been a little different. I got a pretty bad sinus infection that I couldn't seem to kick, and then I started having back pains & feeling nauseous. I knew it wasn't labor so I wasn't too worried, but I was feeling pretty crappy and Matt was not able to come running home like I hoped. Luckily some of the schools were out for summer and our 11 year old neighbor was able to come over and watch the girls for a few hours while I dosed up on extra strength Tylenol & tried to take a nap. She really was a life saver!!

I already had my regular Dr. apt scheduled for that day, & I was shocked to find out that I had a pretty bad bladder infection that was causing the back pain & nausea. I am feeling much better now other than the normal aches and pains of pregnancy & would be totally happy if this little guy decided to come 2 weeks early. SO, just in case I think I'll go pack my hospital bag! PS if I had a fun pregnant picture to post I would....but I really don't-sorry!

9 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

Man! I remember how those last few weeks make you more then ready to have your baby! Bring on the pain! Hopefully the next few weeks won't be that bad!

Shantell said...

Oh les I'm so sorry! I get a terrible cold & cough right before Ethan was born so I can feel for ya. I can totally understand wanting him to come quickly but enjoy these last few weeks with your girls cuz life will change dramatically!

Kara said...

Hang in there Les!

Brittney said...

Oh dear! A bladder infection? Well I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I can't wait for you to have your little guy!

Sara said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better. I have been checking every day to see if you would post an update on the pregnancy! Sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I guess it just shows your pain tolerance if you have a bladder infection and don't even know it. Your WAY tougher than I am.

Danica said...

OH I'm sorry this last bit has been hard! I wish I lived closer so I could steal your girls while you napped!! I've never gone full term and I'm quite nervous cause I hear the last five weeks are the hardest, all of which I skipped last time!! Bladder infections are the WORST!

The Wanbergs said...

So glad the baby has not come without my knowing. I am completely serious when I say, "Call me when you are headed to the hospital!" I don't care if it is 2:00 AM. I have a futon and a pack and play that I can set up for the girls. I would be happy to watch them for you.

Mary said...

You are kidding me? A bladder infection? I hear those are very, very painful. I'm sorry girl! Yeah for meds!

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry! I wish you would call me to help with your girls sometime. Hang in there!