1. I love to have things organized & it may not seem that way if you look at my own house, but I can organize other people's homes so easily & I LOVE doing it! Weird eh?? This is a pic of our spare bedroom (one wall) where we put up shelves to help clear some floor space. It still has work to be done, but it feels so good to look at a room or a space and have it be so clean and neat!
2. I cannot swim. Plain and simple. I never had lessons & somehow developed a fear of the water. I have attempted to "learn" but can't seem to get over the idea of drowning. I don't mind going to the pool, but don't expect to see me anywhere past the 5ft area.
3. I tend to start projects then never finish them. This usually falls in the category of decorating or doing some sort of craft, but is most evident when I try to make a quilt or blanket. I probably have enough fabric & starts of blankets and quilts to make 10 of them! Just this week Matt helped me make a PVC quilt frame, so I am going to make a goal to finish at least one blanket before the baby comes!
4. I would love to be a professional photographer, or at least have the skills of one. I love to take pictures-especially of my kids, but sometimes the quality just isn't there. Maybe someday I will take a class & get an AWESOME camera. Just thinking about the possibility gets me excited!!
2. I cannot swim. Plain and simple. I never had lessons & somehow developed a fear of the water. I have attempted to "learn" but can't seem to get over the idea of drowning. I don't mind going to the pool, but don't expect to see me anywhere past the 5ft area.
3. I tend to start projects then never finish them. This usually falls in the category of decorating or doing some sort of craft, but is most evident when I try to make a quilt or blanket. I probably have enough fabric & starts of blankets and quilts to make 10 of them! Just this week Matt helped me make a PVC quilt frame, so I am going to make a goal to finish at least one blanket before the baby comes!
4. I would love to be a professional photographer, or at least have the skills of one. I love to take pictures-especially of my kids, but sometimes the quality just isn't there. Maybe someday I will take a class & get an AWESOME camera. Just thinking about the possibility gets me excited!!
5. I have an obsession with buying used children's books. When I go to thrift stores I can spend hours looking through all the books and never leave without at least 10 books. I love to see my girls enjoying books & knowing that I paid under a dollar for them makes it easier for me to see them get roughed up a little.

6. I hate, hate, hate......HATE touching raw meat!! Sometimes just thinking about having to deal with it makes me lose my appetite (pregnant or not). There are four essential tools that I must have on hand so that my family doesn't have to go without meat in their diet. Disposable rubber gloves, tongs, kitchen scissors, and Clorox wipes. If I don't have the tools needed, then we do not have meat!

7. I married my very Best Friend. Matt and I have had to be apart quite a bit in our marriage due to the military, and recently we have been apart for a 3 week period followed by another week long period. It makes me more and more aware of how much he adds to my life. He is always willing to listen to me complain, he helps out with the girls, the cleaning, the cooking, and the other daily jobs that sometimes seem like too much to handle. He makes me smile, laugh, and sometimes (whether I like it or not) helps me to see how I can be a better mother. When I am with him I feel safe, loved, and important. I am so comforted to know that we can be together forever! 

I tag...Kim, Kellie, Danica, Mary, Charlotte, Mandy, & Mom'n Dad


8 comments:
I think that's awesome you wear rubber gloves when you cut up meat! hehe It makes me laugh! My mother in law buys me childrens books from yard sales and DI, and I LOVE IT!
I can't swim either!! I try not to panic when I'm in the water but that's not always the case, it's kinda funny cause I married someone who loves the water!! I hope my kids get his love for the water! I wish I took better pictures too! I decided I just have to start taking like 50 of one event and hopefully maybe 5 of them will turn out! AND BTW I can't believe you only have 47 days left in your pregnancy!! I can't wait to see him!
I share your love of photography but not of organization... we need to hang out more and maybe it will rub off on me or something. :)
Hey Leslie, It's fun to check your blog from time to time. I love seeing how your life is going. I remember being at your sealing in Manti, that was awesome. I hope you are doing well with your pregnancy. The Doc wants to induce me one week early so I've only got 4 weeks left! I'm so excited to meet this little girl, I'm sure you share those feelings too.
I totally get the meat thing, I have a hard time with it. That's why for years I didn't eat ham, because all other meat turns another color. But ham still stays red like raw meat and I just couldn't bring myself to eat it.
I loved reading all about you! You're amazing. I wish I had your skills for organizing. Loved the pictures. I finally finished my seven things, too. Thanks for the tag.
Oh Les I miss you so much! I can't believe that I'm not going to be close by when you have that sweet baby boy! I love that picture of you and Matt! It is so beautiful. Those are some great memories. I love you!
Les--you always crack me up. I can totally hear your voice when I read your blog. Thanks for the tag! Check it out www.nickandmary.blogspot.com!
Post a Comment