My Grandma Pauline passed away about 10 years ago & I have so many fond memories of her. The crazy little things she would do, her short strided shuffle, her contagious laugh, the way she smelled, her soft aged skin, and her many half finished projects. It isn't the anniversary of her death, her birthday or anything else that has caused me to reflect back on such a great woman, but instead the last personality quirk I mentioned. She was famous for starting a project and never finishing it.
I seem to have snatched up that gene from the vast genes in the pool & smile to myself to think that I am like her in that small way. I have a thousand ideas floating around in my head of things I would like to "re-do", create, or copy from something I once saw. Sometimes I get as far as buying the supplies, other times I begin working on a small part of the project, and other times I come more than half way on completing the project, but very seldom to I finish.
It has turned out that even my blogging is affected by this "genetic trait". While looking back through my posts I realized that I started to blog about my summer spend in UT with my family, but didn't even get 1/4th of the way through when I just stopped....I slide right into some of my normal day to day happenings (as if they were more interesting-psh) and never return to the unfinished summer posting. I casually move on with our trip to CA and things are going on pretty smooth when all of a sudden....*cricket chirp....*cricket chirp...TA DA! Oh wait, another random post :( What about the rest of the CA trip?? (SIGH) Well, I can't promise to change my ways or even to backtrack & get caught up. However, I am aware of my problem-no denial here-I am a half-way-Harriet.
But
And this is a BIG BUT...
I actually started a project and finished it. I am planning on posting about that tomorrow. Don't hold your breath though, I would not want to be responsible for your passing out.


7 comments:
Don't you worry it happens to all of us! Pretty much all the blogs I read!
HAHAHA you make me laugh. Can't WAIT to see the project! :)
That's funny...it seems there is always more to do than there is time (or money) for. But good job finishing one of those projects...I'm excited to see what it is.
I love the pipe cleaners and tin foil hats. I giggled to myself for a little bit. Your kids have such fun personalities.
I'm going to start calling you Half-way-Harriet. Hehehe
Ha ha! Love you anyway!
We do have a great grandma!!!! I think many of us got that same gene from her. She was also super creative and very fun! I think you got that too! Sometimes I think of how she must have been as a teenager or a young mom - she does make me smile. She would be proud of you and would love your rocker!!!! It looks awesome!
Leslie, this is the funniest post ever because I feel exactly the same way. I think I am much more like grandma than my own mom. I have so many projcts that I have started and there are boxes and boxes of them. I am trying to be better though. I have already finished all of my kids coutumes and Halloween isn't for another 4 days, that is unheard of for me. The chair looks great, you are amazing and I miss you. I hope you come to Utah soon.
Post a Comment