Of all the things I blog about I haven't blogged much about Matt. I thought it was about time to do a post & brag about what an awesome guy he is & say how glad I am that he is mine. I love Matt for so many reasons: he is funny, smart, laid back, he's a great Dad, he doesn't care that I'm not a great cook, he doesn't make me feel bad if he comes home to a messy house-a frazzled wife-and a sink full of dirty dishes. He knows how to calm me down when I'm all stressed out about the little things in life. He lets me cut his hair & always tells me what a good job I've done. He watches the kids for me when I need to "get away", he supports me in all the things I do & most of all he loves me for who I am!
Here are a few more fun facts about Matt...
Where we met: Matt & I met at Snow College & I corrected him for pronouncing my name wrong, "It's LeSlie, not LeZlie!" hmmm...What a brat I was!
What's his nickname for me: Chester
His favorite color: Blue
His favorite food: Lately-Chicken Enchiladas. I swear he asks me to make them everyday!!
Who said the L word first: He did, it was my second year of School (Still at Snow College) He was in Texas doing Military Training & I was on the phone sitting inside my closet in my room so that my room mates wouldn't hear my crying about how much I missed him. He said something like, "I didn't want to do this over the phone, but I love you." Awe!!
First kiss, when and where: Our first kiss was after we had been "hanging out" for a couple of months. I rode with him to Cedar to take his Sister home (she had been visiting Snow for sibling weekend). We were in his room sitting on his bed.
Favorite couple thing to do: Watch movies=sounds lame, but after 3 kids being able to sit on the couch by him & watch a movie is about as good as it gets! (Besides the rare occasion that we go out on a date!)
How many kids:3 Trinity, Brinley, & Grayden
His hidden talent: I swear he has a photographic memory! He can read something & have it committed to memory! I have to print off directions & look at them a thousand times while I'm driving, but he can look them up & remember every little turn! He also knows ALL the words to the songs on the radio. I'll chime in for the chorus, but it seems like there aren't many songs he doesn't know every word to! Plus, he is a movie quoting fanatic! Not the annoying kind, but he always has the perfect quote for any situation-I love it!
His age: 29
His favorite music: hmmm....303, Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine, Blue October, Metalica, TOOL, & lots more that I don't know. (He says I don't listen to good music anymore-I only listen to "Mom Stuff" now)
What I admire most about him: Matt is patient & kind. He isn't one to start a conversation, but is so easy to talk to. He is sincere & once he makes a friend he is a loyal friend.
His favorite pastimes: The Military Channel, Craigs List, Card Games, Football, playing one of his gaming stations, & sleeping.
Will he read this:I'll be SHOCKED if he does!


7 comments:
That was fun to learn more about Matt. We think he is great and lots of fun. We miss you guys!
What a fun post!! It's true, you really haven't blogged about Matt much. He's such a great guy. :) You two are just perfect for each other. I LOVE IT!
That is so neat that you did that. I feel I know Matt just little more. I have never met him and I am glad one of my good friends from growing up is being taken care of by someone awesome. You too are really cute together. Love ya
This is so cute Les! I might have to copy this idea and post this on my blog. I just love you two! Matt is one of my favorite people. He has such a good heart. We miss you guys!
I just have to say WOW to that Spongebob cake! You're such a fun mom! I don't even consider having a birthday party for my kids, but yours looked so fun that now I want to!
You totally lucked out with Matt - I didn't know he liked such cool music either - we need to rock out next time we see you guys! I forgot to tell you that I LOVED your New Year's card - what a smart idea! Your kids are lovely and it was nice to get the little insert about the goings on of the family - you guys are such a nice-looking family!
Still the same Matt I remember. He is such a good guy. Isn't it nice to marry well?
Post a Comment