12/02/2007

Intrigued

Skeksies, Mystics, Gelflings, & Pod People...if any of these names are familiar to you it is because you are or once were a fan of the move The Dark Crystal. I used to love that show (a long time ago) and when Matt was in Bosnia a few years ago he found it on DVD for like two dollars & remembered me mentioning that I liked it. He decided to surprise me & he bought it and sent it home to me. I was a little confused when I got it in the mail because I didn't really have any interest in it anymore & honestly didn't even watch it until a few weeks ago.I was getting tired of watching the usual movies that Trinity picks out, so I told her she could look through the movies and choose a new one to watch. Something about the picture on the disc must have intrigued her & she asked to watch it. As I watched it with her I could not believe how WEIRD it is & was even more shocked to think that I had once enjoyed watching the creepy skeleton like birds. She was a little bored by it at first & I thought I could get away with putting on a different movie, but she insisted that we watch the "monkey". She thinks that Jen, the main character looks like a monkey & when I told her he was not a monkey, but a gelfling she said, "Well, he has his monkey costume on."

Well, to sum things up-Trinity has added it to her list of favorites & I can't stand watching it!! I even tried to hide the disc so that she wouldn't see it & she bothered me and bothered me about where it was, so I finally gave in and let her watch it again. I am pleased to say that she has finally stopped asking to watch it on a daily basis & is excited with all of the holiday movies that I have introduced to her in the last few days. We will see what movie she will pick next to watch over, and over, and over again until I can't stand it & have to permanently remove from our collection. I think Frosty the Snowman might be next on the chopping block!

5 comments:

Danica said...

That's so funny cause I was telling Trevor what a great movie it was when we first got married, so we bought like some special addition something or other, and then we watched it and HATED it, so we gave it to my mom!! Isn't it funny how you remember movies as being fabulous when you were little and you see them again and are like what in the world!?

Brittney said...

The Dark Crystal?!!! That movie is CREEPY!!! You gotta go with Labrynth. That one she will really like and its GOOD!!! :) :) This entry was hilarious.

Katie said...

hahaha that is so funny! Lance and I remembered loving the Disney movie The Black Cauldron and Lance bought it so I borrowed it one night and it is such a weird movie! HAHA I was totally laughing at your little story! BTW... I like the Christmas music!!! :)

Debbie and Bobby said...

Leslie,

Know what you mean about hiding movies! I used to do it with Liam. Why is it that they love the weird ones. Liam's is "Series of Unfortunate Events" and "The Polar Express" (I do like polar express, just not 20 times in a row) I used to do all I could to hide them and luckily Liam hasn't notice the first one in a LONG time.

Shantell said...

don't worry my family LOVED this movie too. I watched it a few years ago and thought the same thing "why on earth did I like this movie?" Glad Trin has moved on to a new movie :)