I know that we are in December & everyone is probably all geared up for Christmas, but I still haven't posted about our Thanksgiving! It was really weird to think of being away from family for the first time on Thanksgiving & we had planned on having dinner with just the four of us, but ended up having Matt's half sister Elizabeth, her husband Jimmy, and their little boy Taylor over to eat with us. (They moved out here about a month ago for work & only live about 30 minutes away). I made my first turkey, with Matt's "hands on" help because I hate touching raw meat, and also made rolls, green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, fruity jell-o, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie! Everything turned out great & we had a really fun time together.
I have never cooked a turkey & I will admit that I was pretty nervous that the results would be horrible. I tried to study up on any turkey tips that I could & the food network (as you may have guessed) was my number one support! hehe I decided that I wanted to brine the turkey & I am pleased to say that I was very happy with the final result! (The pic is a little fuzzy! oops)

Most of the day was spent getting ready for the big event, but we did manage to watch the parade and of course Matt watched a lot of football! Jimmy & Elizabeth came over in the afternoon & we hung out & had "snacks" while we waited for the feast.

Trinity & Brinley loved having Taylor over to play & I think he had a good time too. Brinley and Taylor did get a little upset when we barricaded them out of the kitchen. They were so cute to see standing there barely peeking over wishing they could somehow get past the gate. Sorry guys!


After we were finished eating we hung out, played games, and of course had some pumpkin pie & ice cream. Trinity couldn't wait-literally-she stuck her fingers into one of the pies when I wasn't looking. I guess she should have been barricaded with the babies!



It was a very fun day & it is nice to have a holiday that helps us to remember the things that are important to us & that we may take for granted. I love my family, immediate & extended, and missed being able to share the holiday with everyone. I am thankful that we were still able to have a great day spent with family & it will be a memory that I will never forget-my first thanksgiving feast!
3 comments:
Look at what a cute wife and mother you are? I hate touching raw meat too.... hahaha.. why is that? So gross!! It looks like you did an amazing job at cooking everything! And I bet you LOVED your mashed potatoes right?!?!?! HA
Les I'm so proud of you! Your turkey looks great! I'm glad that you were able to spend the holiday with family. It looks like you guys had a great time.
Brining the turkey works AWESOME huh? We've done it the last two years! You did such a great job, looks like you had tons of fun!
Post a Comment