We had been looking at places on the Internet a few weeks before-hand, but couldn't seem to find one that was good enough. We had also found that there was one home available on base and the only picture they claimed to have was one of the front of the house. I didn't want to get into some crusty old dump & the only info we had on it was that it was built in the 50's, had 4 bedrooms, & hardwood floors. I don't think of myself as a pessimist, but rather an "overly pre-pared for the worst-imist" So of course all I could picture was the worst :)
When we got there Matt and I left the kids at a nearby park with my parents while we went to check out the house. I was super nervous & got even more worried when we walked up to a house that was completely different than the one in the picture that I had been sent! Luckily it turned out to be a perfect fit for us. The house had been renovated in 2003, has nice hardwood floors throughout, a fully fenced backyard with a mature tree, a 650 sq foot basement (no tornado riding for us), and makes Matt's commute to work only about 5 minutes. ....deep breath....followed by...huge sigh of relief!
I haven't taken pics of the inside yet (I will when we get everything unpacked & in its place), but I did take pics of Brinley & Grayden enjoying the back yard. A picture of the front of the house will also have to wait until we get rid of the huge pile of empty boxes that are currently giving all the neighbors a great first impression of us as "white trash" :)
The look on Grayden's face pretty much sums up how excited the whole fam is to be in a HOUSE!
Here is our nice big tree! I love opening the windows and hearing the dry leaves crunching in the wind!
Before we moved Brinley asked me if we could live in a house that had a backyard. That way she could have a garden "to plant vegetables in". I was so excited to see that her dream can become a reality (even if it ends up being a pretend garden).





I am so spoiled & now have my mail delivered to my doorstep. I don't even have to go outside!
We have this funky little tree in our front yard & I am falling in love with how unique it is. I am already planning the pics I can take of the kids sitting in its bizarre bendy branches. (It totally reminds me of the little Bonsai trees)
This is the view from our front door step. There are two baseball diamonds, a tennis court, & a small "tot lot" (that is what all the playgrounds on base are called & there are tons of them!).
The speed limit in the entire base housing is 15mph & the radar is just outside of our house. I am so glad I don't have to worry about crazy speed demons on our streets!


6 comments:
That is awesome that you found a house, and so close to work for Matt!! You are just going to love having that backyard!! So glad you are in a settling down.
It looks so nice Leslie. You are going to have fun in that yard.
eeeeek. I am so excited for you. I can't believe you have a house now. Ain't it grand. Having a fenced yard will change your life =). Brant is chanting Greyden's name after seeing his picture. We all miss you! I can't wait to come and visit, but I will be patient and be content with more pictures. p.s. I am officially inviting you over for thanksgiving.... it's not that far.
WOW LES!! I'm soooo happy for you! WOW. You have a HOUSE?! And a YARD?! WOW!!!! So exciting. I'm still sad you're all the way in Kansas, but I'm SUPER happy for your new place! And how cool to be right across the street from parks and such. What a blessing. You guys must be doing something right cuz you are getting blessed for it!! CONGRATS! Email me your new address so I can send you a housewarming present and also have your new address for Christmas cards. OK?!
That looks so great! Congrats on the yard and extra bedroom! Sounds fantastic. Your kids are going to love playing out in your new yard!!
That is awesome! Although, I'm a little sad about the prospect of not hearing any new hilarious, freaky apartment neighbor stories from you. I guess that's just selfish though. Seriously, congrats on moving into a HOUSE! You must be thrilled. Can't wait to see pictures of it. Ahhhh, I miss you! I sent out my Christmas evites and it just felt wrong not adding your name to the list. After you get settled, I think a few of us need to take a road trip out to see you :)
Post a Comment