11/17/2009

The Great Outdoors-sorta

The kids and I were getting a little cage crazy, but I didn't feel like loading everyone up to go to the park. I convinced them that it would be fun to have a picnic outside instead.


The menu included tuna fish sandwiches, grapes, & cheese sticks.










There was a little breeze & the kids were getting a little cold, even though no one would admit to it, but were loving the freedom to run!

Grayden would make pit stops for a bite of grape during their runs.

It finally got windy enough that we needed to head inside. I couldn't keep an eye on them too well while I cleaned up, so I told them they could watch me from the Van. Who knew such a simple offer would be the highlight of the afternoon!






They love any chance they get to sit in the front seats. Push all the buttons, twist all the knobs, get sticky hand prints on everything! Done, Done, and DONE!

4 comments:

The Spigarelli Family said...

It is so nice that you guys can enjoy being outside, because we all know that in a month or two we all will be just sitting around in our own homes getting cabin fever. Looks like they had a fun time even without the toys!! (I guess the van is a toy right?) It is great that they stay happy with the simple things in life.

SwEaRiKa said...

So fun! Your kids are so cute :) Too bad you don't live by us.

Brittney said...

So fun! Your kids are so funny. And adorable. I miss you guys. I tagged ya on my blog: http://brittishdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/11/crazy-eights.html

The Oman Family said...

I like the idea. My kids are always wanting to have a picnic. I guess I am too lazy.