9/09/2009

Disney Land...day one

The first stop we made in Disney Land was at the "Mad Hatter". Matt wanted to let the kids choose some Mickey ears. (I wanted to get a picture out front by the flowers in the shape of Mickey, but it was SUPER crowded! so that had to wait)The girls really thought the Minnie ears were really cute, but I wasn't ready to pay $17.50 for such a generic hat. (Sorry if you have this hat-I do think they are a really cute!)

Grayden didn't care much for any of the hats, but I had to get a quick (and fuzzy) picture.

The girls were happy to make hats from the mix and match section & we made one for Grayden. (You can see it perched on top of the stroller) I'm pretty sure this was the only time he wore his hat the entire day! Notice that I have his arm pinched to his side so he can't grab it and yank it off! :)

He forgot it was on for a minute & enjoyed watching the merry-go-round.
My guys! Brinley went for the embossed Mickey Mouse, white, sparkles hat. & the pink furry ears. What a cutie!!
Trin chose the pink hat with a little fur around the bottom & some Mickey shaped "Bling" ears. Stylin!!
They gave all of us badges that said, "1st Timer" & the girls were so proud to wear theirs. Waiting in line for the Roger Rabbit car ride. (I forget the actual name) Brinely was pretty freaked out by the ride.
Grayden didn't make a sound...I asked Trin if she was having fun & she gave a quick little stiff nod of the head sorta like...uh...yea. Her face isn't too convincing though.He looked so dang cute sitting there like such a big boy!Tough GuyJail Bird #1=TrinityJail Bird #2=BrinleyThese flowers were AMAZING & they did not even look like they could be real! We wandered around Toon Town until it got dark, and the kids really loved it there.
Chillin' on Minnie's couch. Trin sitting at Mickey's desk. Grayden taking a break in Mickey's chair. Brinley posing on our way to find Mickey. This picture looks kind of creepy, but it was cool because every few seconds Mickey's face would appear. We stood in line for awhile and finally got to meet Mickey! Brinley was so brave, but Trin was a little surprised at how large he was in person. :) Brinley asked Mickey if we could have his autograph... and of course he was happy to! We decided to go on one last ride before leaving the park, but Brinley wasn't interested on any rides because the Roger Rabbit one scared her so much. I convinced her that we wouldn't go on anymore scary ones & thought for sure that she would enjoy the one I had in mind.






Although you can't tell from the pictures, she loved it, and asked if we could go on it again. If the lines hadn't been so long we probably would have said yes. Ending our first day after riding It's a Small World was perfect & the kids were super excited for our next day at Disney Land.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

So FUN!! Disneyland looks like so much fun. I love the pic of you and Trinity, what a smile she has! Those hats they made are so so so cute! I can't wait to see more pictures and read more about your adventure.

Jessica said...

So FUN!! Disneyland looks like so much fun. I love the pic of you and Trinity, what a smile she has! Those hats they made are so so so cute! I can't wait to see more pictures and read more about your adventure.

Katie said...

I'm so jealous!!! HAHA I love the hats you got them.... they're original! And your kids are dang dang cute!!! YAY for taking kids to Disneyland! heh I can't WAIT!

zimfam said...

what a fun trip! you guys are troopers! your kids look so happy!

Rachel Seren said...

Wow! When did your baby become a toddler!! He is getting so big! I forget how fast that happens. Glad you had fun!

The Allens said...

What a fun trip! You came up with some super creative car boredom busters...thanks for the ideas! I love the hats you guys made at Disneyland...much more fun than the generic ones.

Crafty Momma said...

So fun! It was amazing you were able to get so many pictures in toon town without having other people in them! We went at the worst time(end of June..long story on why we did it that time) we didn't spend much time because it was so hot and so many crouds! Looks like the kiddos had a blast! They are so cute in their hats. We went on "Small world" 8 times!! Yeah, I was pretty burned out after the 8th time. Christian loves that ride and it always had a short line while we were waiting for the fireworks!