11/13/2011

Saying "See You Later" to Dad

I was looking back through my posts & realized a couple of things. One, I have been horrible at posting, and two, I haven't ever done a post about Matt's deployment!! It has almost been exactly 3 months since Matt left for a year long deployment to Kuwaiit. I tried to explain to the kids that he weas going to be gone for a LONG time, but knew they wouldn't really be able to understand the time concept. (Trinity understands a little better than the 3 younger ones) Since Matt had to leave at 3am, we just did our good nights and good byes (or see you later's as I like to call them) before bed.

The kids were all really hyper and acting silly & I wanted to make sure they gave a good hug and kiss. I think it would be safe to say I was feeling a little overwhelmed that the day had actually come for Matt to leave & I got frustrated with the way the kids were acting. I told the kids they needed to settle down and be serious to say goodnight to Dad because he was going to be gone for a long time. As I said the words out loud I got a little emotional & Trinity blurted out to everyone, "Yea, we are NEVER going to see Dad again!" I started laughing & Matt assured everyone that we would see him again. :) I tried to take a few pics of each of the kids saying good night/see you soon.

Big Group HugTrin (understanding the best that Dad would be gone for a while)Pase (we had just celebrated her one year B-Day that day, but her actual Birthday was the following Day)Brin (SQUEEZING Dad's guts out. I love how her eyes are shut so tight as she squeezes)Gray (Our "tender" little guy who alwasy askes for "one more kiss and a hug")We miss Matt everyday & are so proud of all he does to support our family and protect our country. Trinity has been learning a lot more about the Military at school & it is fun to see her understanding and appreciation for our freedoms grow.

4 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

I got teary looking at those pics. You are an amazing mom!

Brittney said...

OK this is a little freaky. The last 2 days I've seriously thought about you so much wondering how you're doing without Matt, how the kids are, how Matt is, etc etc. I have really had you on my mind and all of a sudden you blog out of nowhere!! It was meant to be! LOVE YOU SO MUCH LES!

Julia M. said...

How do you even manage?! Your children and husband are so darling. This makes me teary. I hope you're all hanging in there!

Jessica said...

Sweet pictures! Made me cry too.